LITERATURE DENIED for NONPAYMENT. Has this occured on congo level?

by uwishufish 56 Replies latest jw friends

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

Does anyone know if this has happened in any 1st world countries?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Uwishufish,

Yes; a qualified yes. There will be a link provided for you, I am certain, for the congregation that ordered some $3000 worth of literature but turned in only $500. The Society billed them for the difference. This is off the top of my head and I don't recall the outcome. The figures are ballpark and I don't remember where this occurred. You will be helped soon with accurate information. That's a certainty here at JWD.

In the ballpark,

Compound-Complex

• oldflame
    oldflame

I am not surprised by anything they do.

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

How was the 3000 figure arrived at since this is a donation.........arrangement?

• zeroday
    zeroday
    How was the 3000 figure arrived at since this is a donation.........arrangement?

Printed on presses bought with donated money, operated by people donating their time, on paper purchased with donated money. Yea, right $3000.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Do Individual JWs Pay for the Literature They Distribute?

www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/113002/1.ashx

This is a start. I'm still looking--------CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

On Wolfgirl's thread "The Truth About the Donation Arrangement":

Gill comments on the suspension of future literature deliveries if payment is not made to the Society. My original post re the $3000 was when the new arrangement began and publishers went on a book-ordering spree, as I recall it. The Society continues to attach a $-value to the literature. So the $500 the congregation sent was, in their estimation, a fair donation. I'm still looking for that specific article; it could be at the link I gave you earlier. I didn't have time to seek it out.

Seek and you shall find,

Compound-Complex

C

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I've never heard of this situation at all can you elaborate more on where it is happening and implications etc?

• Clam
    Clam

Spiritual food denied by the FDS? This is enforced theocratic starvation. Surely Jehovah wouldn't approve of this?

• blondie
    blondie

This is usually only known by the MS and elders who deal with the WTS regarding ordering publications and sending in the "worldwide work" monies to the WTS. If the WTS sees that many big ticket items (videos, tapes, CDs, Insight books, etc.) are being ordered but the monies being sent don't even come close to the past assigned value of these items, then the WTS will send a letter to the elders.

Big ticket items are usually back-ordered as well, that is, they aren't printed ahead of time and stored. The WTS waits until they get enough orders. (This is what I was told, could be wrong).

Some (not many congregations) closely watch if some people ever go near the contribution boxes, especially if they are ordering a lot of big ticket items from literature. That is bad and I never saw it myself or heard of it through the elders/MS in my family.

The word "free" is not accurate really.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit