Takes a long time to cure homosexuality

by Norm 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Norm
    Norm

Apparently the process of degaying pastor Ted Haggard will be a long one.
    Takes up to 5 years according to the ungaying pro.

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/11/23/dobson-haggard-cure-gay/

Poor Haggard, wonder what he will do about his sexuality during those 5 years?

Norm

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

It'll take two years alone just to get him to stop watching Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.

Fabulous!

Ok, kidding. What a lame ass point of view. They believe they can cure his genetic disposition? Silly Fundis.

W.Once

• free2beme
    free2beme

Maybe it will help him to be more about acceptance, as most Christians are very ugly and unaccepting of gay people. Cure??? Whatever???

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

ha ha ha, i saw the title and knew i would laugh.. and i laugh,... i knew it was a disease... all the gays need to go get cvured now... we will call it gays anonymous!!! no but seriously, MORON! god, i cant believe there are still biggots like that out there!!!

--the infamous one

• Norm
    Norm

Well, people being "true" believers are already seriously delusional so thinking that homosexuality
    can be cured is a very short step for them.

Norm

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

So James Dobson says he can cure Ted Haggard of being gay, but he doesn't have time as it would take 4-5 years. Well if "curing" the gay of their sexual preferences is somehow God's work, wouldn't Dobson go to hell for not helping his colligue?

Focus on the family founder James Dobson, who considers Haggard a “close friend,” told CNN’s Larry King last night that he was “asked to serve on a three person restoration panel.” One purpose of the panel, Dobson acknowledged, was to “restore [Haggard] from being gay to not gay.” Dobson said he didn’t have time to participate, however, because such a process “could take four or five years.”

I am curious how do you cure homosexual? What is the process? How does expert De-gay-ifier James Dobson know it would take 4-5 years? Are injections involved? What about the use of voodoo dolls? Or... Do you tie the gay man to a chair and make him watch only naked women for the next 4-5 years?

• Norm
    Norm

Quite interesting questions there jayhawk1, alas they don't reveal much about their methodes in the de-gay-i-fying process:
    I would guess it involves endless sessions of praying to their imaginary "friend" for him to remove the gay demons.

Maybe our Christian friends of the board could enlighten us all about how it is done.

Norm

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Come now, we 'know' that it 'can't' be genetic. All them right-wing religious types say so so it MUST be true

He obviously didn't CHOOSE to be like that.

Therefore he CAUGHT homosexuality off someone or something. Maybe he sat next to someone who is a secret gay? Maybe they didn't even know themselves, they're just a 'carrier'...

Alternately he maybe watched one too many episodes of Will and Grace. All those gay vibes coming through the screen...

I think they should study his TV viewing habits, and then subject everyone he has met in the last decade to a test; show them 12 different shades of brown and ask them to name them; the ONLY people who can do that are gay, hell, I thought 'taupe' was a kind of rope...

That way the root of the infection, be it unwise viewing habits or sitting next to a gay, can be stamped out and the Cwistian Congwegation kept clean...

Poor poor bastard. First he lives a lie. Then he gets brainwashed. I just hope he doesn't take his life. I actually wish he would come out and let the world see the 'love' his Christian buddies show him...

• Norm
    Norm
    Poor poor bastard. First he lives a lie. Then he gets brainwashed. I just hope he doesn't take his life. I actually wish he would come out and let the world see the 'love' his Christian buddies show him...

Indeed Abaddon. It is incredibly tragic. Imagine being a homosexual man trapped first inside his own personal conflict, then existing in an extremely deluded and hostile environment where the seemingly only avenue open to him is to "escape" even deeper into denial. What a hell he must be in.

Norm

• RunningMan
    RunningMan
    was “asked to serve on a three person restoration panel.”

It seems rather odd that they would choose three men to try and de-gay him. Wouldn't three playboy bunnies work better?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit