KHAA, reasn Watchtower is afraid of Kingdom hall related lawsuits (mishaps)

by DaCheech 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Unlike any other business or homeowener in which we go out and buy insurance, the Watchtower self insures itself.

Each year all congregations sent a check through the WEFTS system for $4.5 for each publishers they have. This money goes to the Watchtower, and is kept as KHAA or Kingdom Hall Assistance Arrangement. Any time fire, vandalism, or mishaps happen the kingdom hall supposedly sends the bill to the Watchtower, and they will help with this bill (of course all labor will be done pro bono through regional building committe)

Since all congregations send this money, they are all sharing in the risk. The watchtower collects this $$$$ and uses it. So this is the reason why they don't let kingdom halls be used as shelters, or to help the public. Any unneccesary use becomes a risk of insurance request, and they would have to flip the bill.

Nice way of getting $$$$$$$$$$$, and keeping in the family

I will later discuss TOAA to anyone interested (traveling overseer assistance arrangement)

• badboy
    badboy

interesting,isn't it

WHY DON'T THEY TRUST IN JEHOVAH?

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Vital information

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

In the letter it was also suggested that well to do congregations, could donate more

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Insurance is a business. Granted that it is a gamble, but they try to make it a profitable business. That said, any large enough organization (Government or corporation) that can self-insure would save the profits for themselves. There is nothing wrong with this. You make a point, though, that they don't use the KH in ways that might increase the risks. A true organization of God would take a few more risks, assured that God would never let them "go under" for being kind to people.

I used to agree, wholeheartedly, with the WTS that the purpose of religion should be to advance the good news of the Kingdom and make known God's Will. Now, I see the cold-hearted nature of that. I still see that a religion could get sidetracked by charitable work, but now I see that charitable work is more important than the real purpose of religion- business. I wish they all would get sidetracked.

• garybuss
    garybuss

What's "WEFTS" ? Yes, please tell all about TOAA.

We also want to know about the Past Bethelite Assistance Program . . . . How does that work?

• chasson
    chasson

They have read a letter to all congregations in America ?
    Have they told that there are more vandalism now ?

Bye

Charles

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

WEFTS is just an acronym for Watchtower Electronic Funds Transfer System where the first day of the month the congregation accounts servant instantly wire transfers the:

World Wide worl money

The $$ for needy worldwide congregations

the KHAA

the TOAA

and other account charges set by the society.

A nice pre-recorded voice a lady guides you through the process, and you plug in the necessary numbers to do the $$$$ transfer.

my congregation has $$$ on unconditional loan with the society, I once tried to see if I could get the money back, WEFTS had no prompts or way to get any of this money.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Good one about the Past Bethelites.

While I have no knowledge specific about it, knowing the WTS, I am confident that any congregation that asks for money from the Borg because of fire, vandalism, or mishap, will be asked if they cannot raise the money locally by asking the rank and file for a special need. They might liken this to avoiding using the insurance company so that your rates don't go up. Of course, when you are self-insured, that comparison would have no meaning.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I didn't know that had training for Elders to be so insensitive. Have you heard of OHSHIT?

Overseer

Help

Seldom

Happens

Insensitivity

Training

I missed it. That's why I didn't fit in.

W.Once

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit