"The GOD Delusion" by Richard Dawkins

by Amnesty Vendor 23 Replies latest social current

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    I might have to head out to the book store and pick up a copy!
    You did introduce me to the FS monster, so yeah!

Last week I ordered a copy of his Gospel. I can't wait til it comes in. I may look for this other book tonight though.

Kwin

• Legolas
    Legolas

I am LOVING the book!!!!

Here's the start of page 31.....

The god of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to the horror.

LMFAO....My thoughts exactly!

And I believe it was Winston Churchill or his son that said .."God, isn't God a shit!"

• pandora
    pandora

I love this book!! I'm in the middle of it now. Awesome! I think I will have to get "Letter to a Christian Nation" also, though. Wouldn't want to miss that one either.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Here's the start of page 31.....

The god of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to the horror.

LMFAO....My thoughts exactly!

And I believe it was Winston Churchill or his son that said .."God, isn't God a shit!"

Man I remember this thread from December but it didn't mean anything to me.....just another book right? LOL Well I recently thumbed through the pages of it at a friends house and was intrigued. Funnier to me yet is that paragraph Legolas quoted is the first thing I read in the book!

Another one to get.....looks like a very good read indeed!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit