I feel quite sick after reading this

by Sam87 31 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

This sounds like a JW Urban legend.

• riverofdeceit
    riverofdeceit
    Thank Jehovah for our physical AND our spiritual nourishment!

Shouldn't he at least thank his wife for the physical nourishment? After all, 32,000 meals. Yeah, I ain't buying the story. If anything, it probably was wasn't about the kingdom hall or JWs at all. I'd need to see the actual article, not a story about a supposed article. I call SHENANIGANS!!!

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

OK. Let me see if I got this right.

My wife stops making my meals because I complained about it causing indigestion. I learn to read the ingredient list, directions and such and prepare meals for myself. (Hypothetical only - My wife is an excellent cook)

Does my wife then accuse me of being disloyal to her and ban me from the kitchen or even the house? Disfellowshipping me from any nutritious foods? If I want to enter the house I must accept whatever foods she prepares for me without question. I must advance her recipes to others even if it might cause them to have indigestion.

Oh Ok

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    I've been married for 30 years now. In that time my wife has cooked some 32,000 meals. But, for the life of me, I cannot recall the entire menu for a single one of those meals.

What a jerk. There is so much to say.

Why didn't he cook any of those meals?

To say he can recall the menu does not say much for his memory skills

or

it may say a lot about his wife's cooking. May be he doesn't want to remember.

He is very ineffective in setting up a strawman.

• Sam87
    Sam87

I agree with all of you, that is very disrespectful to his wife, it just goes to show that JWs twist any little story in life into a way to make them look good, i mean its crazy to even put the Watchtower society and someones cooking in one paragraph to give someone a good reason to go back to the meetings, i know its only an example, but still..

Sam87.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I would be spiritually dead today!"

And that's a bad thing? Let's hear it for being spiritually dead, in the Jehovah Witness sense. I used to hate it when people would say Jehovah Witness. Now I find it mildly amusing.

• crazyblondeb
  • Alpheta
    Alpheta

If my wife had not given me these meals, I would be physically dead today.

Well, duh! If he was so stoopid that he could not even figure out how to get food for himself without "my wife" serving it, he deserved to die! His death would probably improve the gene pool too...

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

You know how you can tell it's just a myth? JWs wouldn't read the Letter to the Editor section in the newspaper. They just glance at the disturbing headline to work into their d2d presentation.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    If my wife had not given me these meals, I would be physically dead today.

Well, duh! If he was so stoopid that he could not even figure out how to get food for himself without "my wife" serving it, he deserved to die! His death would probably improve the gene pool too...

Oh, I love this. That is one of my biggest pet peeves, a man who will sit and starve until late into the evening if his wife is not there to prepare his hot meal.

Andy cleans, does laundry and cooks. He never complains about it either. We share the responsibilities. Right now I work and he stays home and takes care of the two grandsons and house. I cook and clean. I don't make him do it all. I bathe kids & do the duties a co-parent does. When Andy and I both worked, we shared the domestic chores, too. I love a man who is raised in a household where a man is a real man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit