I feel quite sick after reading this

by Sam87 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Sam87
    Sam87

Myspace is to thank for this great little peice...

WARNING - DO NOT READ ANY FUTHER IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH.........

A Christian wrote a letter to the editor of a newspaper and complained that it made no sense to go to the Kingdom Hall every Sunday.
    "I've gone for 30 years now," he wrote, "and in that time I have heard something like 3,000 Public Talks. But for the life of me, I can't remember a single one of them. So, I think I'm wasting my time and the brothers are wasting theirs by giving Bible-based talks at all."

This started a real controversy in the "Letters to the Editor" column, much to the delight of the editor. It went on for weeks until someone wrote this clincher:

"I've been married for 30 years now. In that time my wife has cooked some 32,000 meals. But, for the life of me, I cannot recall the entire menu for a single one of those meals. But I do know this...They all nourished me and gave me the strength I needed to do my work. If my wife had not given me these meals, I would be physically dead today. Likewise, if I had not gone to the Kingdom Hall for nourishment, I would be spiritually dead today!"

When you are DOWN to nothing...Jehovah is UP to something! Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible and receives the impossible! Thank Jehovah for our physical AND our spiritual nourishment!

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Are jw incorribible liars?

"I've been married for 30 years now. In that time my wife has cooked some 32,000 meals. But, for the life of me, I cannot recall the entire menu for a single one of those meals.

Yep, apparently so. Thirty years and he can't remember hot dogs and beans; eggs and bacon; pot roast, potatoes, carrots, and onions? Besides the idiocy of these asinine feel good stories, the blatant insult to my intelligence makes me want to scream.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    Besides the idiocy of these asinine feel good stories, the blatant insult to my intelligence makes me want to scream.

Ah and to think I used to be of the smug ones thinking they made sense. I could barf...

Oh and I swear I have to clean the freaking spew off my keyboard now.

• gordon d
    gordon d

Funny... I've only been married for 7 years and I CAN remember many of the meals that my wife made...
    Some that stick out the most in my mind were the cases of food poisoning...

??MAYBE?? it was unintentional??? But I STILL can't stand even the smell of chicken enchiladas
    and I still can't swallow a Watchtower study without gagging!

How happy will the Master be when he returns to find His servants praying to the porcelain God "RALPH"?!?

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

doesn't say much for his wife's cooking......

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

my ? is this who believes that without his wife cooking this man would just sit back and starve? That sh!& sounds all wel and good untill you put some thought into it.

If his wife did not cook him his meals he would have went to the fridge or cupboard to find food. He would have figured out how to prepare a decent nourishing meal for himself and been all the better because of it. By allowing his wife to handle all the food preparation, he has failed to enhance his mind and learning experience. By sitting in the KH and mindlessly accepting the gruell that was dished out to him, he has once again limited his ability to think and reason for himself.

Kinda like the old adage 'give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.'

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I heard this illustration given at a talk once.

purps

• blondie
    blondie

I do remember the meals I eat. I have favorite ones too.

Meatloaf, baked potatoes with a little butter and pepper, fresh green beans from the garden lightly steamed with a dash of lemon, baked squash with a dollop of maple syrup, with a glass of ice tea; dessert, sliced Honeycrisp apples with a dusting of cinnamon.

Only a man who just plops himself down at the trough could say something like that.

I heard this given at the KH; it didn't go over very well with the sisters.

Blondie

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Hell I couldn't remember the talks when I was there let alone by the time I left.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

I too, used to swallow this spiel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit