What is your menu for tomarrow?

by lovelylil 18 Replies latest jw friends

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

For those cooking a Thanksgiving meal tomarrow, what are you cooking?

My menu as of now is this;

Traditional Turkey

Pernil - Which means pork (my hubby is from Puerto Rico, must have Pork)

Sage & Herb Stuffing

Sour cream and chive mashed potatoes

Baked sweet potatoes with marshmellows

Green bean casserole

Broccoli with cheese (for the kids)

Cranberry sauce (whole berry)

Dinner Rolls

Gravy - Must have of course

2 home baked Pumpkin Pies (my daughter will make)

Lots of whipped cream on pies

Coffee

Beer

Soda Pop (for kids)

Also - lots of nuts, dried cranberries and fresh fruit Lilly

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

I was going to cook, but my husband and I decided we would rather have our favorite Chinese food from the super fancy Chinese restaurant we only go to on special occasions.

Your dinner sounds fabulous Lil!

Best Regards,

Chrystal

• hubert
    hubert

Your menu sounds delicious, Lovelylil. er....exactly where do you live in Massachusetts? I just might be driving by and stop in...He, he.

Actually, we are eating out, for the first time in many years. We usually have thwe dinner at our house, but decided to take a break this year, and let the chefs do the cooking, although we usually put on a good spread.

Enjoy that meal, Lovelylill, and Happy Thanksgiving to you, your family, and you too, Georgia.

Hubert

• serendipity
    serendipity

Too bad you live so far away, Lil. :-) We're having whatever they're serving at Black-eyed Pea or Cracker Barrel.

• mariposa
    mariposa

Ours will be alot like yours lil without the pork and green bean cassarole. Your stuffing even sounds alot like ours too..that's my favorite. We also have lima beans, cole slaw and pistachio green stuff. It's not really pudding, it's whipped creme, can of pineapple, marshmellows and a pistachio pudding mix thrown in. It's this light fluffy green stuff, I love it. Oh and I'm going to do my grandma's chex mix.

I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!!!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Tomorrow I'll probably have stuffed peppers, but it's not Thanksgiving here - we had ours last month.

My Thanksgiving menu was:

• Roast turkey
    • Cornbread stuffing
    • Garlic-Sour cream mashed potatos
    • Butter, cinamon & maple syrup glazed baby carrots
    • Mushroom gravy
    • Spinach salad
    • Cranberry sauce (whole berry)
    • Baked squash with cinamon apples & maple syrup
    • Cabbage rolls with Hungarian sausages
    • Beer, wine, scotch, coffee, tea & Perrier
    • Home made rolls
    • Apple pie with whipped cream

I also went to 3 other Thanksgiving dinners that weekend. Believe it or not, I actually lost 5 pounds that week, in spite of the dinners and full week of leftovers. Maybe I should always eat that way.

W

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Thanks everyone. Last year I was in New York at my brothers home. This year I am cooking up here in Boston because I now have family up here. My brother and his wife and kids are coming by. I also invited my nieghbor who would be alone otherwise. Anyone in the south of Boston area who has no plans and wants to drop in are welcome. Just pm me and I'll give my address.

Now that someone had spinache salad - I want it too. I love spinache! Just came back from the store, had my pernil cut fresh. Hope hubby appreciates it. Lilly

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

A can of Hormel Turkey Chili and a three Hungry Man Turkey dinners! And something to drink!

• bebu
    bebu

I'm making pumpkin pie, pumpkin cheesecake, and dinner rolls to take to my in-laws where it will be a potluck.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

(Hey, have a good meal at the restaurant, hubert! Say hi to the all! )

bebu

• TopHat
    TopHat

We have some friends that want to have Turkey dinner at a lodge near their home....so they have reserved a dining room in the lodge with a burning fireplace and we will be served Thanksgiving dinner in a private room, about 30 of us all together. First time I have had a Freemason invite.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit