What is your menu for tomarrow?

by lovelylil 18 Replies latest jw friends

• lola28
    lola28

Whatever is in the vending machine at the hospital...hooray for corn nuts and sucky coffee.

Lola

• Jobees
    Jobees

I think I will be trying that sour cream/garlic mashed potatoes!!! Good idea!

Besides that, we will be having: Appetizers of bacon, baked around scallops with a breaded garlic coating. A platter with the usual (pepperoni, crackers, cheese). Turkey, spaghetti squash smothered with diced tomatoes, garlic, olive oil and onions. veggies, potatoes, gravy, rolls and a huge selection of desserts.

Since leaving the borg I couldn't imagine not cooking Thanksgiving at home and everyone gathering around my house. Its so awesome. Im so excited. Now I have to get off this computer and go make my desserts or I will never be ready.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

My husband loves sweet potato pie. So, I'm going to have to go get one from somewhere. My mother made the best sweet potato pies and the best cornbread dressing with giblet gravy. (Yummy!) I'm going to be thinking about mom this Thanksgiving. She LOVED to cook and she LOVED to have the whole family around on that/this day. When I get to feeling better, I'm going to start trying to get her recipes down. Mom made everything from scratch and she didn't use measuring spoons or cups. She'd be like a *pinch* of this and a *cup* (she'd eye the cup) of that and so on. . .

The kitchen made the whole house smell wonderful! Great memories!

• girasole
    girasole

I'm going out of town and the hostess (my in-laws) will be fixing the turkey and everyone else divides up the rest. I plan to bring spiced cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole, Sausage and apple wild rice stuffing, and a pumpkin spice cake with cream cheese frosting.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

• Turkey
    • Ham
    • Cornbread dressing
    • Butterbeans
    • Green beans
    • Squash Casserole
    • Mashed potatoes
    • Gravy
    • Sweet potatoe casserole
    • Watergate Salad
    • Cranberry Salad
    • Cranberry sauce -- jellied (I like whole better but everyone else doesn't)
    • Rolls
    • Irish Creme torte
    • Some other kind of cake
  • Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

All this talk about food is making me seriously consider celebrating a second Thanksgiving this year.

W

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Ummm, scallops wrapped with bacon. Wish I had thought to make that. My hubby just called from work, he said "don't forget about the red rice with beans to go with the Pernil". OMG - I almost forgot. So I will be adding that to the list. And my brother called, he is bringing my son's favorite Boston Creme Pie for another dessert. Have a GREAT Thanksgiving everyone! Lilly

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I, also, loved baked macaroni and cheese, the big chef salad (yum), and peach cobbler!

• hubert
    hubert
    Ummm, scallops wrapped with bacon. Wish I had thought to make that.

That's what we usually do for Christmas, plus a platter of shrimp, cheeze, and crackers.

Thanks for the reminder.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Hubert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit