Calling all elders and former elders (need advice)

by nonamegiven 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>amplified by how p*ssed off some of the Elders concerned are.

But Ross, the elders are guided by Holy Spirit! And Jehovah's Organization is unified. Surely every situation will be handled in the same, even, fair manner... won't it? *cough*, *hack*... oh, excuse me...

Yeah, yer right. Best of luck, Dude!

Dave

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

W. Once and AlmostAtheist have good practical advice. To speed up the process, go to a meeting or two on the road, approach an elder there and tell him you are DF'd. Only after that, put in your first letter for reinstatement. This will allow you to say you are trying to make all the meetings. Do as those guys said beyond that, good advice. Change your plans if necessary to attend the next CO week, good idea to be seen. Memorial is far off, clear that if you can to be at home, you might seal the deal by then or shortly after. That sitting toward the front thing is great, coming with a cold is good, be seen walking with your child to the bathroom. Don't stay in the room more than a few minutes after the meeting. That shows respect for the DF arrangement. Leave quickly, but clearly after the prayer. If you are missing meetings, AlmostAtheist has the letter frequency right.

• cindylouhou
    cindylouhou

What is the purpose of being reinstated then? If you are doing it to make things better in your family it won't work. It is simply a status. It doesn't mean anything. Now you have a green card instead of a red one. The card without anythign else has no meaning. And it will be evident to those around you if you have the right motives.

If I were you I would not bother with the effort. It just doesn't make sense because your family is going to know better than anyone what is your true spiritual state.

If you really love your family and want to be with them, spend some time reflecting on what is in their best interests.

Either way now or at Armagedon you will be separated from your family. And that is your choice.

Maybe your family is better off not having you drag them down?

If JW is the way to go....

Do you want to be a stumbling block between your family and their everlasting life?

• Highlander
    Highlander

It is simply a status. It doesn't mean anything.

Are you kidding me? Everything in the j-dub world is about status. When you start dating someone, the first question asked about him/her is whether or not they pioneer, what they

have for spiritual goals, etc. Whenever I moved to a new congregation, the first question was whether or not I was an elder, an ms, or a pioneer.

Not once has a j-dub taken a true interest in who I am as a person. The only interest they took in me was my 'spirtual postion'.

To me it's all one big spiritual pissing contest.

• cindylouhou
    cindylouhou

I'm not talking about different levels of status within the congregation.

I am saying it doesn't matter if he is deisfellowshipped or reinstated if he has no desire to be at the meetings anyway.

If he is just doing it for his family the change in status means nothing. They know him better than anyone.

Get it?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Cindy,

Its better to be viewed as a person with the flu than a leper. Status matters. There is hope for a person with the flu. A leper is abhorent when symptoms are fullblown. Even his family will hold out more hope for him as a faded, inactive reinstated cult member than if he were simply DF'd. Spiritually ill is better than spiritually dead. They will also see the farce it is when he is reinstated and God had nothing to do with it.

Trust me, the holy spirit has nothing to do with it. I've seen brothers who hadn't turned in field service reports for six months, (technically inactive) appointed a Ministerial Servants because their Father was the PO and no one would question it. I did, pissed him off. They just filled in his publisher's card with hours and reccomended him. Too bad they wont let you be an elder, then you would see for yourself how Jesus is asleep at the wheel.

W.Once ( of the exelders who have seen the lie that appointment by holy spirit is, class.)

• free2beme
    free2beme

Well, if they sense your going to do that, they will never reinstate you.

As for how. You need to go active again for about 3-4 months. Then miss a few meetings in a month. Then start just showing up Sunday. Skip a Sunday and show up the next Sunday. Then miss all but one Sunday meeting in a month. When asked why? Say your busy with things in life right now, kind of distracted. Tell them your okay. Then miss a month. They might try and call you, ignore it, and order caller ID for your phone. Then just stop going all together, do not speak negative of the Witnesses! Say things like, "I know I need to get back" and other things that are expected. After six months, move on and enjoy life.

• perthwogboy
    perthwogboy

This would make a very good viewing as a hollywood movie!

Watcha reckon? Box office smash!!!

Pwb

• fokyc
    fokyc

A sister in our cong. married outside the truth and was put on reproof, she separated and divorced within 18 months

BUT

was on reproof for a further 7 YEARS!!

fokyc

• pippy
    pippy

they got me to read the letter i wrote them in the jc meeting and afterwards, i realised it was like a prayer you directly say to jehovah, and you area kindof asking for forgivness in front of the elders. so i would recomend writting a letter that when you read it , can be directed at jah, therefore making you sincere....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit