baby elders

by SB 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Kudra
    Kudra

Being an elder at age 24 ?

TOTAL chick-magnet.

But seriously... Hah! I can't imagine taking counsel from a 24 year old. I'd pee my pants laughing...

• Quandary
    Quandary

I was appointed at 29, I really wasn't reaching out, just humbly taking care of the "responsibilities" bestowed upon me. My dad was and is the PO, the other elders had tried to get him to agree to recommending me when I was in my mid twenties, but he wouldn't, he finally gave in when I was 29. I REALLY wish I could have had the courage to say I didn't want the "privelege" when the two elders approached me to tell me I had been appointed the night they were going to announce it! Come to think of it, I would have left the "truth" in my early twenties, but I did not want to hurt my parents and other relatives. I wish I could have been more selfish.

Q

• Dismembered
    Dismembered
    I was appointed at 24. Imagine giving a kid authority like that!

That's more frightening than a Stephen King novel.

I concur with Warlock. Dismembered
  • Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I joined the cult when I was 25. At 29 I was told by the elders that I would never be appointed because I wasn't "maleable enough".

I thanked them for the compliment. I wonder if they realized how badly they insulted themselves with the statement.

W

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I was appointed a MS at age 20 in 1972 when the Elder/MS arrangment was started. I was appointed an elder at 26, and became the Assembly Overseer for my circuit when I was 30. All of those were really young at the time, and I only knew a handful of other's appointed so young.

Two of them were real pieces of work. John Peterson, who became a CO in his early 20's - was one of the worst COs I ever knew. Pompous and arrogant. I've heard he is no longer a Witness. The other was Claude Burkett, who became an elder in his early 20's and assumed he was on the fast track to being a CO in his early 20's as well, until a wise elder absolutely refused to sign the recommendation, having seen that Claude was completely full of himself, loved confrontations and would do more damage than good.

There was a famed CO and DO (Frank Bartell?? I'm not sure. God, I can't remember his name...) who confirmed to me that he was a CO at 19. Oh, the damage done!

S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit