baby elders

by SB 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BCZAR2ME
    BCZAR2ME

I roll my eyes when I hear of twenty-something elders. Never been in a congregation that had one though.

"Call the older men..." ha ha ha

Even thirty is young when you consider life experience.

bczar

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I guess it's not about 'what you know', but rather 'who you know'.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    I guess it's not about 'what you know', but rather 'who you know'.

More like "whoever is available".

Warlock

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I stand corrected, and accept defeat. You are right on the mark there.

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

I guess it never dawned on the Watchtower leadership that by definition "elders" could not be "youngsters." The Mormons have the same view. The last two young men that came to our house introduced themselves as "elders." It hardly fit their qualifications.

Of course, the real reason that many younger men are picked for positions of responsibility is probably the same as the military. Pick them young and gullible so they will follow rules without questioning. But also like many soldiers, after maturity sets in they reject and rebel against the very authority that controlled them.

• pratt1
    pratt1

I was an elder at 24 in the 80's. I wasn't mature enough to run my own life much less someone else's.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    SirNose; for your healths' sake, skip the reporting slip for a month every six or eight - you'll be 'irregular' and you'll have lost your golden sheen.

I forget all the time to turn in that slip. For example, I just got a call saying I forgot July and October's time. Since I just make it up, I put my "time" on my calendar, so they can't get two differing time slips. The CO is coming, so they want all the ducks to be in a row.

• SB
    SB

oh, that's hilarious. that is the ONLY time the congregation secretary ever called me for my time, is when the C.O was coming through and they want their numbers to look good. i made up my time for the entire 6 months prior to finally calling it quits! :) so, for all those impressed w/the "numbers" of hours spent in the ministry, that is a clear sign of the last days approaching, just think of how many of those hours are made up!

• minimus
    minimus

I was appointed at 24. Imagine giving a kid authority like that!

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

When I left the Circuit overseer assigned to our cong was . . . . 32!

What a donkey

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit