BIG JW repeat offender found with boy in his car

by DannyHaszard 21 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• bebu
    bebu

I'm very curious as to whether the parents knew about the man's background and restrictions. I'm also curious if the congregation had been notified in ANY way.

If not, then the nickname "pedophile heaven" is well-earned.

bebu

• FreeFromWTBS
    FreeFromWTBS

The whole purpose of parol is a trial period to see if you are capable of following rules in society when you were not able before. He failed the test and should be return to a detention facility. You are not sending a good message to him or anyone else on parol if the government takes such infractions lightly. Especially since the violation shows a total lack of commitment to being rehabilitated. If he truly didn't want to reoffend, he would avoid ever being alone with a young males.

• BCZAR2ME
    BCZAR2ME

What standing did he have in the cong?

bczar

• carla
    carla

Was he going in fs? The public should know if he was knocking on their doors.

• Gerard
    Gerard
    It's likely the congregation knew nothing about his past.

Unfortunately, that is not the case. Cary Verse was reached out in prison by JWs and taken to their congregation.

Do a quick Google search on Cary Verse going back to last year and you will see the local comunity is very aware of his presence there; They tried to avoid it unsuccesfuly. Nobody can be surprised, the boy's parents HAD to know of him, specially if JWs because he attracted massive press & TV coverage walking down the strteeet with his Bible.

The BRIAN COPELAND Program

Sunday, March 13, 2005

9am - 10am

Brian welcomed back to the program Cary Verse, possibly California's most famous sex offender. Cary was the subject of a front page story, focusing on his recent move to Bay Point and the controversy behind it,

These days, most residents view the place differently, Ramirez concedes: "Now they say, 'The first thing people see when they drive into Bay Point is Cary Verse's house.'"

Last fall, the couple lunched with Contra Costa County Deputy District Attorney Brian Haynes, who, thanks to a new state law, was responsible for finding a home for Verse, the Bay Area's most notorious sex offender. http://www.eastbayexpress.com/issues/2005-03-09/news/feature.html

June 28, 2005 [...] Ever since his release from a treatment program for violent sexual predators in February, the 33-year-old has been greeted by angry protesters in every city he's tried to move to, including Mill Valley, Oakland and San Jose.

And now in Merced County, where he plans to move this week because an anonymous person has offered him permanent housing. But Verse wants to reassure people he won't re-offend. He has a lot of support from his family in the Bay Area. He has also dedicated his life to God and become a Jehovah's Witness." http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=News&id=1790660

August 2004 - THE “SEXUALLY VIOLENT PREDATOR” CLASSIFICATION ENSURES THAT ONCE CONVICTED, REHABILITATION, FOR THESE MEN, IS NOT PART OF THE EQUATION. There’s a place for everybody in America. Everybody, that is, except Cary Verse. http://www.believermag.com/issues/200408/?read=article_ehrenreich
    Mayor Ron Gonzales is pictured above with members of the San Jose City Council as they held a news conference to express their grave concerns regarding the placement of sex offender Cary Verse in a South San Jose neighborhood and their proposals to the state to reduce community placements in the future.
    Ignorance and denial of his background are not a justification for stupidity.

• Will Power
    Will Power

Maybe the term "pedophile paradise" is what attracted Verse. Wonder if other pedophiles know these conditions of 2 witness rule & deny for a blind eye, and keep up appearances first! They share other disgusting info on the net - why not favourite havens? gggrrrr another angle to pursue for AMERICA's MOST WANTED

• nelly136
    nelly136

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/news/local/crime_courts/13772741.htm

Posted on Thu, Feb. 02, 2006 (old news clipping)

Verse and Jill Ellison, a friend from the congregation, were cleaning and landscaping at her Bay Point home last month before a party she was throwing for the women in their organization.

"I thought I could do some trimming," Ellison told Verse. "And you could do some lifting."

Verse makes extra cash shoveling and planting in Ellison's back yard. She met Verse when he moved to town and introduced himself to the congregation.

"I didn't know a lot of the details," she said, sweeping the concrete. "I said, 'Well, you know, if the elders think he is spiritually honest, then you give him a chance and act with caution.'"

"If I had had young children, I probably wouldn't have had him over."

Verse was convicted of adult charges of assaulting four males from 1988 to 1992. He assaulted a 14-year-old when he was 17, a 17-year-old when he was 18, another 14-year-old when he was 19 and a 23-year-old when he was 21.

Verse's closest friends and congregation members, Marlin Town, 21, and his wife April, 19, bring their 1-year-old daughter, Kalie, with them whenever they spend time with Verse. Both said it never concerned them at all.

"He's just another brother," April Town said.

Marlin Town is a roofer preparing for college, and his wife is a full-time mother. They say they don't read newspapers much and saw Verse for the first time when he came to the congregation.

"When I first heard about him coming, I went up to him to make him feel welcome," April Town said, juggling Kalie. "That's how it is in our congregation."

Marlin Town added, "Everybody's done something. It's hard for anyone to hold grudges."

The Kingdom Hall is also where Verse intends to find his wife. With his focus on religion, he is determined not to act on his sexual feelings for men.

"The homosexual part of my life is nonexistent," Verse said. "A girl I get involved with will have to be very open. I'm going to be attracted to guys forever, and she needs to understand that."

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving
    My first thought was that these parents were probably not told about his history. Maybe this will open the families eyes when they find out that the elders were aware of it and chose not to tell them.

Or maybe they just thought he had "put on the new personality". Maybe they thought Jehoba had "made his mind over".

GBL

• wonderwoman
    wonderwoman

Marlin Town added, "Everybody's done something. It's hard for anyone to hold grudges."

What the hell is wrong with these people? Get your heads out of your asses and wake up! What if it was your daughter, son or wife? These jw-I have no thoughts of my own-follow the leader-robots make me sick.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Hey, he is fulfilling his divine commission to preach.

tsof

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit