Tight Pants Tony's wife wore a Sophia & Caleb Badge out Witnessing

by Listener 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

In the latest WatchTower, where we get to read front and center about AMIII's life story (first pages, BTW), he clearly mentions that his wife worked in Laundry while he worked in the Service Department. I'm not saying she still does, but he clearly states that she did.

I would LOVE for AMIII to ring my doorbell. Or better yet, that dufos Lett! OMG.......I would have a field day with these clowns.....their jaws would be on the floor!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Bull. Stuff. I would need to see that first hand to believe it... A gb member wife working in the laundry..... Maybe answering the phone

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

WOW! Had a discussion about these pins and things few months back with my wife. I pointed out to her how idolatrous this was. Obviously she attempted to justify it saying that this was just some brothers who probably don't realize what they are doing. I told her that might be, but where are the elders? Told her that may be but that if in a few months those things were not addressed, then I had to assume they were seen as approved and that anyone who would see that out on the streets would condemn us for idolatry. Not only it has not been addressed by the elders, this gal is wearing it in front of the very man with the most strict views.

This pin is WTS approved.

• user100
    user100

all JWs have nothing but good reports about anything the borg pushes them to do... I doubt there is any feedback about reality... like the tract campaigns and lit. trollies.. there are no real metrics as to what works and what doesn't..

i bet.. the GB goes preaching on stage like the jim carrey movie "the truman show".. as in every door they knock is probably a JW prepped to make it look like they are willing to listen.. this is the only way it keeps going.. otherwise if they saw what real preaching is like they will see that it doesn't work..

• cappytan
    cappytan
    WOW! Had a discussion about these pins and things few months back with my wife. I pointed out to her how idolatrous this was. Obviously she attempted to justify it saying that this was just some brothers who probably don't realize what they are doing. I told her that might be, but where are the elders? Told her that may be but that if in a few months those things were not addressed, then I had to assume they were seen as approved and that anyone who would see that out on the streets would condemn us for idolatry. Not only it has not been addressed by the elders, this gal is wearing it in front of the very man with the most strict views.
    This pin is WTS approved.

David Splane and the GB Helper who were at one of the Atlanta International Conventions both wore JW dot ORG badges on the stage giving their talks. That convention was also tied into the huge Houston RC that had over 60,000 in attendance. If that's not approval, I don't know what is.

• pixel
    pixel
    OMG.
  • Magnum
    Magnum
    WingCommander: Pffffhttt! Like the GB really go out "preaching" in the field ministry anymore?
    Cappytan: I know for a fact they do. I have family members still in Bethel that have worked with several members in the door to door work.
    insidetheKH: @wingcommander every week

I agree with WingCommander. Cappytan, how many times, how often, have they worked with the members? Working with a member once only proves he went door-to-door once.

insidetheKH, how do you know that? You sure seem to know a lot. Didn't you indicate on a recent thread that you've only been baptized about five years? On another recent thread (http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/123520001/over-johnny-demise-jehovahs-witnesses), you were giving what seemed to be insider financial info. How do you know (or claim to know) such?

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Cappytan, how many times, how often, have they worked with the members? Working with a member once only proves he went door-to-door once.

That's true, but I think it's faulty reasoning to flat out say say they don't go in the field ministry when there is some evidence that they do occasionally.

Is it reasonable to assume that these relatives of mine are special in that these couple of Governing Body members worked with only them and only went out that one time and that they never went out with anyone else ever again? One of my relatives has only been there about a year now and the other is a temp construction worker. It seems unlikely that these two Governing Body members would choose these two obscure brothers to work with just to start a rumor that they go in service.

Disclosure: only one is actually my relative. The other I'm only related to by marriage.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I get your point, cappytan. I don't really know how often the GBers go out. It just seems that they basically have what amount to corporate big-shot day jobs and they give talks and jet-set on the weekends, so I don't see how they have time to really do meaningful door-to-door work. It's just my gut feeling and educated guess that they do token ministry to be seen like a lot of appointed brothers do. But, I freely admit that I might be wrong.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

How do you get a video shot from over the householder's right shoulder? It's either from the wall of the house just next to the door or from inside the door.

Well, how do you get such a video shot?

Yup, you stage it.

This is not an actual door-to-door JW visit. This is a commercial.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit