Why is the Watchtower Society so cruel to teens?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 69 Replies latest jw experiences

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I think it's ridiculous how they condemn infant baptism, when what they're doing is hardly any different.

Considerably worse I would say - those baptised at infancy don't typically carry the guilt and burden of having exercised an "informed peronal decision".

Victim blaming in it's refined use - they're a very evil people

-------------------------

• Warlock
    Warlock

Do you guys hear yourselves!!! You have been so miserable in your walk with the Jehovah Witnesses, and as a saved Christian, dedicated to Christ, everyday I am happy, my prayers get answered, I have more than enough food, clothing, money, etc. because God takes care of me for being faithful to His Son, Jesus Christ, and walking His path! Maybe it's time, time to give up this religion, and just go to Jesus, ask forgiveness, and He will give it all too you, Peace of Mind, Comfort, No Worries, etc............why continue to be miserable, when you can be happy on a daily basis............with no strings attached! If you don't know the way, I will help...............Peace be with you.

Seems like you have more than Jesus did. Interesting.

Warlock

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I have more than enough food, clothing, money, etc. because God takes care of me for being faithful to His Son,

Interesting - you buy this from god who sells it ?

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

Just teens? what about babies, preteens, young adults, 30 somethings, Oaps , make no mistake the WTS is cruel to everyone.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Pob....Welcome to the forum! And how right you are......The society doesn't care about any oftheir people at all....Because it is all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• SB
    SB

mind control is a tricky thing. the people in control of the congregations, were raised under that same control (in most situations). It's like someone who is abused that becomes the abuser. a child is more likely "willing" to be abused, as in, not stand up for themselves.(how can they? adults are supposed to guide them in a safe direction via dicipline, not into a situation that causes mental breakdowns if you try to leave). and by abuse, I was referring to mental abuse in this situation. what kind of adult, tells a child, that God will destroy them if they don't prance in front of thousands of people in a bathing suit to demonstrate their devotion to God? and what kind of child is encouraged to question their beliefs, until they take the big dunk in un-chlorinated water shared w/lots of other people, and after that, their beliefs are set for life?

it's so unreasonable. it's an amusing question to ask children, "what do you want to be when you grow up?". Usually, they tell you something idealistic, something they have perceived as fun. Adults don't take it too seriously b/c they know a child will grow up, change their mind, their interests, their thoughts, become more educated....they realize at the time they are asked this question, they are not the person they will be later in life. there is a logical reason why 10 year olds don't apply to college ~ that's not the time in their life to be making decisions about what they want to be ~ they simply aren't smart enough, or experienced enough. but at 6, or 9, or 11, or 14...that is considered old enough to know what belief system they want for the rest of their life.

Crazy.

• juni
    juni

Amber Rose said:

They set the kids up for failure from the very first step.

You are so right sweetie! I know how it was when my kids were growing up in the org. They are to act as little adults when young and there is no allowance for mistakes being made by teens (unless one is an elder's kid who has been prompted as to what to say to get off the hook so Daddy can remain an elder).

I've personally known of so many young people who are acting one way at the Hall and like normal kids growing up outside the Hall.

This thread brings tears to my eyes because it hits so close to home and the emotional damage that I've had to deal with with my kids.

Juni

• restrangled
    restrangled

As a child I seem to remember hearing about moulding them like a piece of clay. I believe that was the society's intention and this was taught to our parents. (Much like Hitler's motives)

YES, the WBTS is cruel to teenagers, but they are worse to young children, beatiing a child is smiled upon. I can remember being at an assembly just 3 years ago and seeing a mother whip her children in their seats, they were not making any noise, but maybe fidgeting or god forbid a yawn. She had a small whip stick and used it unmercifully on those poor children right behind us.

If I was ever to attend an assembly again, I would film these parents and turn them in to the state for child abuse.

If I had it to do over again, I would have ripped it out of her hands and used it on her own fat ass.

This above scenerio sets teenagers up for a life of misery. And if anyone disagrees I beg to differ as a recipient of this same treatment.

r.

• joanne_
    joanne_

I totally agree, there is no activities for the kids, except to go out in service. When you attend other churches you see how they have so much going for the kids. My friends 17 year old daughter had the opportunity to go to mexico and help the orphans for a week. What a great experience that must have been for her. All the elders did with my kids, is make them feel bad and unwelcome. I wish I did not put my kids through this. They missed out on alot.

Joanne

• juni
    juni

Joanne said:

I wish I did not put my kids through this. They missed out on alot.

I say the same thing. I raised 4; now they are all adults w/their own families.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit