Highly Recommend Chef Marc's High Heat Turkey Recipe

by JamesThomas 26 Replies latest jw friends

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Nellie, fruit sounds good. I may try some orange juice in the brine this time.....and wine. Yes, orange juice and wine sounds like a winner.

Hopelessly, all I can say is I have done several turkeys with Marc's method over the past couple years and they have all been consistently delicious. Yes, please try again, it's not hopeless.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Anyone ever tried "Fowl Stuffing"?

You stuff a quail inside a pigeon, inside a chicken, inside a duck, inside a goose, inside a turkey, or somesuch combination

I haven't the faintest idea how long you would need to cook it, but it sounds incredibly decadent!

You eat pigeons?!?! I've had a Turducken which is some of the most tasty meat I have ever had. It consists of a chicken inside a duck inside a turkey.

When it comes to cooking a turkey, I guess I use somewhat of a "high-heat" method. I deep fry mine. The hot oil sears the outside locking the juices in. Moistest turkey I've ever had! I usually inject mine with a bottle of teryaki sauce to add a little extra flavour! It turns the skin black but oh so good.

Kwin

• parakeet
    parakeet

Question for JT:

I'm not a big fan of turkey. Would your method work for chicken?

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

I'm gonna try this one. I'm also making some pumpkin soup from that lil' cutie -- Rachel Ray.

• nelly136
    nelly136

i'm not a great fan of turkey, but if i wanted to cut down on its cooking time i'd spatchcock it.

• nelly136
    nelly136

http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/butterflychicken.html

there is a little video box on the right that walks you through a simple version of spatchcocking a chicken ( turkeys are just bigger)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    there is a little video box on the right that walks you through a simple version of spatchcocking a chicken ( turkeys are just bigger)

I'm going to have to try that. Definitely more efficient for a guy who is living alone and doesn't want to roast a whole bird every time. Just cook what I want and freeze the rest.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit