WITNESSES REACTION TO FACING DEATH......

by Mary 36 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

I had a letter from an ex JW in Quebec who was D/F after her husband died... She couldnt stop greiving for months. They d/f her because she was a disgrace to the world. A spectical. They told her " Where is your Faith He will be in the Kingdom he had lots of time in the service.He hardly ever missed a meeting , Your behaving like the world """

I feel pity for the women you metioned Mary..But Dr do tell that a positive mind help in the healing. Lets hope HER faith sustains the hard road she is going to walk. I know cos I spent 1 year 7 months watching my daughter die..... But SHE was a Christian & KNEW she was heaven bound....

It was the same when my mother died from cancer. My father was really devestated yet he would refuse to cry in front of the "brothers" as "He needs to be strong for them." Forty plus years and he was worried about how some people he knew 20 years or less felt. I remember at my mothers services I overheard the PO say to another "Well now ______ can finally start serving Jehovah like he should." My father was, and still is, an elder, the cong. secratary, on the HLC, the regional building committee, and put in over 40 hrs a month is service. Yet that was not enough for the PO. Mind you my mother said many times that she wanted him to just be with her, but 'The brothers need me" was all the attention she got. A few months later he ended up regretting not spending the time with her, but not enopugh to see where the real cause of the problem was/is.

I'm sorry for rambling but this just makes me mad.

I hope your friend soon reaizes that you are one of the few that truly cares. I wish her and especially you, all the best.

• Mary
    Mary
    Mouthy said: I had a letter from an ex JW in Quebec who was D/F after her husband died... She couldnt stop greiving for months. They d/f her because she was a disgrace to the world. A spectical. They told her " Where is your Faith He will be in the Kingdom he had lots of time in the service.He hardly ever missed a meeting , Your behaving like the world """

WTF??! She got the axe for grieving?? I've never heard of that one before!! Good Lord........

2112 said: I remember at my mothers services I overheard the PO say to another "Well now ______ can finally start serving Jehovah like he should."

Excuse me while I puke ..........ya, I can see more and more each day how clearly that the Witnesses are the one true religion...... When my sister died in 1969, one of the elders told my parents "...you may have to wait 6 years until you see her again......gee, that was only 37 years ago....

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

An ex-girlfriend of mine's father died some years back. He was an atheist. She said he died peacefully. That's the way I want to go.

GBL

• mouthy
    mouthy

He was an atheist. She said he died peacefully. That's the way I want to go.

GBL
    Me too!!!! they say that is a kiss of the Lord.... See he must have had a good heart

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

I remember at my mothers services I overheard the PO say to another "Well now ______ can finally start serving Jehovah like he should."

As tho' you Mom held him back ? *sheesh*

In my Mom's hospital room, right after she died [no blood] 99% of the JW's comments to each other was about, "how proud Jehovah was, how proud they were, how proud 'she' must be... knowing she died faithful..." and "We'll see her in paradise...blah-blah-blah..."

Myself, my Dad, the non-dubs, the doctors and nurses who tried to save her... shook our heads over this very useless, preventable and early death.

Maybe the JW's AND other religious people can somehow blunt the very real pain of a loved ones death by deflection...she or he is not really dead. Not really, really gone... They're in heaven, they're sleeping, they're a Yak or an Anteater or another person.

I understand the need to think, 'there must be something else', but, along with that belief...there's the 'carrot & stick' rules. That's where I have to draw the line now ...for me. I'll die, but, won't die chasing carrots held by men...pretending they represent a god's needs or desires.

JW's are willing to die, because their Governing Body has said so, over blood & other issues.

Catholics are willing to die, because their Pope has said so, over the centuries for many things. (Crusades, birth control...)

Muslims are willing to die, because their Imams have said so, over many things. (Infidels, etc.)

Citizens do die, because they fearfully follow, rather than stand up against their govts. (War, etc.)

Notice a pattern? It's all human!

JW's have some stupid ideas for sure, but, maybe they're not too different either.

Rambling Rabbit

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

In my experience among the dubs , the reaction differed among them , just like any other people. It is true that all fall back on to their beliefs and 'the hope' - well you would wouldn't you? .. I am sure somebody could find a WT article that said that you should help the sick one to focus on the future resurrection.

A couple of cases that I knew .. One 'sister' was dying of cancer when we visited . she had two adult non witness daughters there visiting also. They were cracking jokes about who wanted what bits of jewellery when Mum had gone ! It would have been cruel, but one could see that, as a family, they understood each other and that this was their way of dealing with the tragedy, and teasing was their way of showing affection

Another 'sister' had always been weak emotionally and depended on others. Now she seemed settled and and acquired a quiet strength that I never saw before . She had confidence in her hope and . like all religious faiths it sustained her at that time..

So everyone is different . Human nature prevails above all.

[BTW visiting elders dont know what else to say]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit