The Duality -- The Father and The Son

by UnDisfellowshipped 218 Replies latest watchtower bible

• fjtoth
  • fjtoth
    fjtoth

Undisfellowshiped,

You wrote:

The Biblical Trinity doctrine says that there is only ONE God who is Three Distinct Persons. Each Person has the full Nature of God, but there are not three gods, only One God.

My reply is that the Trinity is in no way "Biblical." Neither the word nor the concept is found in the Bible. We must not ignore the fact that God speaks of himself as ONE PERSON, whereas Trinitarians claim he is Three Persons. Thousands of times -- yes, THOUSANDS OF TIMES -- God speaks of himself as ONE PERSON ONLY, and there isn't even one verse that says God is Three Persons, not even one!

As shown above, Trinitarians unscripturally depict God with THREE faces, but God has only ONE face. He did not say, "You cannot see my three faces and live." Instead, he said, "You cannot see my [singular] face [singular], for man may not see me [singular] and live." (Exodus 33:20) God even describes his very back as ONE, so that we may understand that he is but ONE PERSON: "Then I will take my hand away and you shall see my [singular] back [singular], but my [singular] face [singular] shall not be seen." (Exodus 33:23)

These passages are from the Bible. Where are the passages that say God is THREE?

Frank

• mouthy
    mouthy

METHINKS SOMEONE WAS TOO LONG IN THE WT

• fjtoth
  • fjtoth
  • fjtoth
    fjtoth

Undisfellowshiped,

You wrote:

Your belief, as far as I can see, teach that we should worship The Father as the Only True God, but then Jesus is also "God" because He is an inferior, lesser created representative of God, but that He also should be given relative worship as God's representative (which is idolatry according to Revelation).

I have never said "Jesus is also 'God'" in the sense that he is Almighty God by nature. That is what Trinitarians claim, not I. Trinitarians are the ones who say "Jesus is also God, and the Holy Spirit is also God." This is much closer to polytheism and idolatry than acknowledging the fact that there are two categories of "God" in the Bible. The Father alone is God Almighty, according to the Bible. But Trinitarians claim Jesus also is God Almighty. And you also say that the Holy Spirit is God Almighty.

I have never used the phrase "relative worship." And I have never described Jesus as "an inferior, lesser created representative of God."

Isn't it stretching things a bit to imply that I am an idolater? If I'm an idolater, aren't you one too? Don't we agree that there are two categories of God in the Bible, that there is only one Almighty God and that he designates others as God because they represent him as his agents? The Angel of the Lord was genuinely an angel, but Abraham and his descendants spoke of him as "God" and "the Lord." That was not idolatry. It showed proper honor and respect for God's appointment, and it was acceptable to God as being done unto him.

Frank

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Undisfellowshiped,

You wrote:.

I do not understand what you mean when you say that Jesus is the "genetic son" of God. Please clarify.

Jesus is the "genetic son" of God and Mary, meaning he carried the genes of both in his body, just as we carry the genes of our parents.

Frank

• mouthy
    mouthy

Frank... I will NOT get into this discussion.As it is obvious you do NOT believe Jesus is GOD! Big G
    But I WILL Publicly apologise for saying you have a WT mind...I am Sorry. I cant see your mind so that was uncalled for....
    The HOLY SPIRIT taught me who Jesus my God ,my redeemer,my Saviour, my LOrd, is.
    If you dont see HIM that way....Then that is your free will. I will not answer your private e-mail. As I think an apoligy was all that was required.
    I have made many enemies for saying what I think!!!The "loving" brothers? of the WT used to say."Grace instread of saying what you think why dont your think what you say" I still have not mastered that VERY GOOD advice..Once again Sorry I will have to learn to retain my thoughts

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Grace,

Apology accepted. I wish you and all, myself included, a happy new year!

Frank

• mouthy
    mouthy

AMEN!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit