Elders Visits

by Jobees 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

What they are supposed to do and what they are physically capable of doing are two very different things.

I am amazed that they get as much done for the WT as they do, unfortunately they do so at the expense of something else; usually their families.

Your name would have come up just before the CO visits. Be happy they left you alone because there is nothing "spiritual" about these folks.

• becca1
    becca1

As was already mentioned, yes, the elders are instructed to attempt yearly visits. They probably are selective though, they might not visit known apostates.

Quandry: I'm sorry your daughter was mistreated. I hope she is feeling stronger now.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos
    As was already mentioned, yes, the elders are instructed to attempt yearly visits. They probably are selective though, they might not visit known apostates.

As was already mentioned, yes, the elders are instructed to attempt yearly visits. They probably are selective though, they might not visit known apostates people who choose to worship their god without the aid of a whack cult.

Fixed that for you!

• Honesty
    Honesty

*** km 9/04 p. 3 Announcements ***The elders are reminded to follow through on instructions given on pages 21-3 of the April 15, 1991, Watchtower regarding any disfellowshipped or disassociated ones who should be visited.

I have been anticipating a visit for almost 2 years.

It's so lonely here without the "Good Shepherds."

I'll go have a look at the April 15, 1991 Watchtower and read how I have been neglected.

Never mind. The "Good Sheperds" are proving to be wise as serpents when it comes to someone in my situation:

w914/15p.22par.11ImitateGod’sMercyToday***

It would not be fitting even for elders to take the initiative toward certain expelled ones, such as apostates, who ‘speak twisted things to draw away the disciples after themselves.’ These are ‘false teachers who are trying to bring in destructive sects and to exploit the congregation with counterfeit words.’ (Acts 20:30; 2 Peter 2:1, 3)

Yesireee Bob, the Watchtower Society and the local elders have me pegged.

• parakeet
    parakeet

I haven't attended a meeting since the late 1970s. I've never been DFed or DAed. Not one visit, letter, or phone call.

• CD
    CD

Hello All -

I have not had one visit, but I told one of the elders(when asked if he/another bro should come visit), that a visit would not be necessary. I told this is where I am in my life & a visit is not going to change my mind, at this point. So far, my wishes have been respected & I am happier for it.

CD

• Balsam
    Balsam

Its been 5 years plus for me and I got my first visit about a month ago. Not sure bur suspect my ex had the local elders call here because our son age 18 moved in with me. My son and I are both disfellowshipped. He has been disfellowshipped about 3 years I think. Well the Elder came pissed that I'd been taking literature from local witnesses who came buy so I could see what was going on. They informed me that unless I attended meetings I was not allowed to have literature. LOL They asked me if I was interested in seeking reinstatement now? I told them NO because the Jehovah's Witnesses are a false religion that holds if followers hostage with fear. They were not happy, I was not rude I invited them in listened and let them talk. They did try to find out why I was disfellowshipped which made me smile that they didn't know. They made a point of saying only Elders who sat on my JC would know of my sin. I said well I was glad to hear that because it was none of their business. I did tell them clearly that the blood policy was totally man made and unscriptural. That Jehovah valued the life of each and every human living and dead and they were wrong to let followers die imagining God required that of them.

I told them they never needed to return because if I was ever interested I would go to the KH myself and approach them. LOL Like that is everyu going to happen.

Ruth

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Well, if one has been wairting for a call for some years, one might pick up the phone and dial the number of someone one used to know and say one wants a visit, can one not? "I haven't been visited in 12 years but I really want to go back", sounds a bit strange ........

• toreador
    toreador

Do you really want to go back Old Hippie?

• enlightenedcynic
    enlightenedcynic

The real reason why most of you have never gotten a visit is because the majority of elders are overwhelmed with their own circumstances and simply don't have the time or energy to make visits. In the KH that I presently attend it is not uncommon to hear complaints from the r&f of not having had a visit in months or even years. Now if that is how they treat the ACTIVE dub, well you figure the rest!

ec

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit