Elders Visits

by Jobees 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• Jobees
    Jobees

One thing that I hear regularly is that once an individual is d-effed they are visited once a year by elders to see where they stand. In 8 years I have not had one visit, and they know where I live. Is this how the elders are supposed to be?

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

I think it depends on the elder body. Frankly, I am in hiding and in a gated community so I don't think they will ever find me and I am quite happy to be free of the Big Brother element.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    One thing that I hear regularly is that once an individual is d-effed they are visited once a year by elders to see where they stand. In 8 years I have not had one visit, and they know where I live. Is this how the elders are supposed to be?

Dear, you don't have to be d.f.'d for that to happen. Me and my family have been inactive for about 5 years and no visit. In the inactive period I had prior to this one which was probably longer, I had 1 visit.

Warlock
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I know that for a while they were to visit only those who seemed to evidence some sort of repentence. Say they were DF'd for fornication but had married the person after being DF'd. This might constitute a sort of repentence. That person could be called on. If the person is not known notoriously for continuing the same thing they were DF'd for, they too might be called on. The Secretery is to keep a list of DF'd people so they can call on them once a year if it they feel it would be productive. It may be that they contact everyone now regardless of what they're up to. Don't know.

So, if they don't come its because they have either decided you would not benefit from such a visit, or they have dropped the ball and not done what they're supposed to. I remember it being a little difficult to keep track of all the active witnoids let alone the DF'd ones.

If you really want to speak with them, just go to the Hall. If not, count your blessings. Some here can't shake them!

W.Once

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Joobes,

:One thing that I hear regularly is that once an individual is d-effed they are visited once a year by elders to see where they stand. In 8 years I have not had one visit, and they know where I live. Is this how the elders are supposed to be?

You're exactly right. They're supposed to rekindle that watchtower fire that most of us here have lost. Although it's been a mere 8 years (that those menial men who are nothing but unpaid volunteers), since they've not been there to "grease your head with oil" with one of their life saving visits. Someday when it's raining, and they've run out of people to haras, and they're bored, they'll be a knock on your door. Dismembered

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This was the latest on the c/d rom. It does not state who the "certain one" are, but in my day it was all except those known to be still doing what they were d/f'd for..Either they have written you off, or they can't be bothered..PS they don't even 'Shepherd the flock' properly so why should we be surprised?

w9611/1p.14par.12SharingtheComfortThatJehovahProvides***

What an important lesson we can learn from this! All members of the Christian congregation need to "share the comfort" that God provides through his Word, his holy spirit, and his earthly organization. Even disfellowshipped ones may be in need of comfort if they have repented and corrected their wrong course. Thus, "the faithful and discreet slave" has instituted a merciful provision to assist them. Once a year two elders may visit certain disfellowshipped ones. These may no longer show a rebellious attitude or be engaged in gross sin and may need help to take the necessary steps to get reinstated.—Matthew 24:45; Ezekiel 34:16.
  • fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

They are supposed to visit once a year to ask if you want to return, unless, like us, you have requested them not to.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, they get "direction" each year in the KM to make a visit on df'd or da'd JWs in their territory.

*** km 9/04 p. 3 Announcements ***

The elders are reminded to follow through on instructions given on pages 21-3 of the April 15, 1991, Watchtower regarding any disfellowshipped or disassociated ones who should be visited.

The elders I know met shortly before the CO's visit. The secretary had made a list and pairs of elders were assigned certain people (otherwise they would cherry pick who they wanted to call on). The elders only made one attempt to find people call, some knocking on the door, some doing what I call drive bys (people are determined not to be home by a visual assessment from the car driving by).

The elders would then report that no one was home. Now they were CYA'd when the CO visited.

Blondie

• Quandry
    Quandry

Once a year two elders may visit certain disfellowshipped ones. These may no longer show a rebellious attitude or be engaged in gross sin and may need help to take the necessary steps to get reinstated.—Matthew 24:45; Ezekiel 34:16.

Well, that explains it. Some are deemed worthy of a visit, and some are just deemed buzzard bait. My teen daughter was df'd by a horrendously nasty committee. We talked to the D.O. and the C.O. The C.O. intimated that he felt bad about the treatment and said that he would write a letter to my daughter, encouraging her to come back, as we explained that she could not handle a meeting in the back room with more "men". After a few months, we realized that no letter would be coming...................

I

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Some Elders are lazier than others. Just depends upon what yours are like.

I had one Elders visit since I stopped attending meetings. When they where walking out the door one of them said "Don't give up on us". Neither has spoken a word to me since.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit