As an Elder I believe JW's have the Truth

by JWFreak 38 Replies latest jw friends

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

you can give scriptural reasons for stepping down: 1) 1 tim 3:1- i don't "desire" to serve, 2) 1 Peter 5:2- no longer "willing", 3) James 3:1 - Paul said that many should not be teachers, which happens to include you.

• gumby
    gumby

...just don't rush into another religious scam as many have done........check out everything, the Bible included.

Gumby

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

May God bless you on your courageous decision...

• mouthy
    mouthy

bttp

• BCZAR2ME
    BCZAR2ME

SO....How did the Elders meeting go?

bczar

• mavie
    mavie

Congrats, JWFreak. I was an MS, almost an elder...and it gets way easier as time goes on.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I hope JWFreak made it out of the elder's meeting alive.

Congratulations on your move toward freedom. How did it go so far?

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Good to hear from you again, JWF, and also you Doubting Bro. I remember when you both first posted on here a short while ago.

I made the same move to step down in the mid-1990s. An elder and the CO met with me that week. If they'd called the night before, they might have convinced me to change my mind, but in that previous 24 hours I felt like such a huge load had been lifted off me. I didn't step down due to doubts, but I found it incredibly liberating once it sunk in.

After that first initial visit, I didn't have another for well over a year - and then I had to ask for it over and over again! By the time they finally met with me, I realized I never wanted to serve again, and I was headed down the path to being an ex-Witness and not just an ex-elder. I was slowing down on my meeting attendance when the changes occured in the teachings in 1995-96 (sheep and goats, 1914 generation, etc). That really was the tipping point for me, and I rapidly disappeared. When the elders finally woke up to what was going on, there was no turning back for me.

My invitation to talk about any of this continues. Welcome!

S4

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Congratulations and welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit