Adulterers are Worse than Pedophiles

by gumby 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Rebel:

Apostacy is worse than pedophilia too, in their farked up minds.

Good observation. According to the WT, Apostacy is the ABSOLUTE WORST thing you can do. I presume the Biblical basis is the "absolute destruction" that is promised for this type of sin.

Funny because while an Apostate, and I'm talking about a baptized JW who questions any of the myriad of JW beliefs here, can never be forgiven, my congo includes about 40 members who "attend" from one of the nation's most violent prisons.

Yup, MURDERERS, RAPISTS, even farking CANNIBALS (and of course don't forget bad-boy Elders like David Pleake (Google him) and Jesus Cano) can be forgiven and accepted by the "friends."

Just don't ask them about the 1995 generation change or you will be dead to them

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    it's the Governing Body's out-of-date mentality that is causing this problem. None of them have children (as far as I know)

Really ? And their in charge of telling all those people what to do with their kids - how to raise them ?

What a wicked place

I imagine Bethel to be one of those places like in adventure story books - the wicked wicked wicked place ,where the captured people are turned into statues, and the only tolerated ones are those who do the bidding of the cold evil masters and master.

--------------------------------

Ah well, back to work

• daystar
    daystar
    That is the problem with religion-a religious body that can have such control over a person that a parent in a situation like this would let it go and let the church decide.

LOL! Understatement.

• gumby
    gumby

I don't think the GB or anyone else that are witnesses would purposely harbor a known pedophile to save face of the organisation alone. If they knew for sure a man was a pedophile I'd say they would take action.

The problem I see as the most disturbing, is the fact a mans word overides the claims of a child, and the action they take against fellow members who go against their policies and take matters into their own hands.

Gumby

• Mary
    Mary
    I don't think the GB or anyone else that are witnesses would purposely harbor a known pedophile to save face of the organisation alone. If they knew for sure a man was a pedophile I'd say they would take action.

Surely you jest hon. Did you not see the sickening sight on Dateline where members of the congregation in the state of Washington (I think) all showed up in court to support the pedophile bastard, while shunning the victim because she went to the cops??!! The entire congregation knew full well he was a pedophile, yet they did NOTHING. Except support the scumbag. Don't kid yourself. Many, many Witnesses "purposely harbour known pedophiles" all for the greater glory of keeping the reputation of God's Chosen Organization, clean.

• gordon d
    gordon d

Does anyone know where I could find a copy of this "Dateline" that Mary mentioned?

• mouthy
    mouthy

all for the greater glory of keeping the reputation of God's Chosen Organization, clean.

AND THATS THE TRUTH!!!!

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

gordan d, just go to the silentlambs website, all the videoa are there.

• Poztate
  • Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Why do you suppose the accused adulterer is treated differently.....even if he denies that he commited adultry?

I often wondered about this. For a long time I believed I just drew the black bean, and I was just 'unlucky' in that Eyore-way of life in that I was treated so badly and adulterers (and my father) got off scot free.

Now with some distance and time that fades it all, I come to a different conclusion. I tend to think there are a couple of issues in play here.

One is the natural resistance and repugnance of the average person to the horror that is the rape of a child. It is a subject that is horrific, and embarassing to the average person. For many years I never realized how someone from a "normal" family, one who is used to receiving good touch, hearing "I love you" and so forth receives such a cold-as-ice-water shock to the insanely dysfunctional world of incest and child abuse. They are overwhelmed, with little or no experience or knowledge in knowing how to respond or feel or handle such a traumatic story. Casting about for some sense of normalcy (for them) they will seek to grab on the first, and easiest, answer which is generally a superficial by-the-rote one ('you must wait on Jehovah'; 'in the New System everything will be better', etc.). They are not trying to be uncaring, but the subject is far beyond their ken, they cannot fathom an appropriate response.

The second, and somewhat more insidious issue, is that Jehovah's Witnesses, as an organization, offer simple solutions to complex problems. Unhappy with your life? Frustrated with life/career/family? Worried about the future? Don't worry! One day, magically, Jehovah (God's "real" name) will erase all your problems overnight, with no effort on your part, and you will live happily ever after. All you have to do is join this special sect, who have all the answers (don't worry about their accuracy) and you too will be "special". You will be on the inside, and therefore that makes youspecial.

Now then ... combine those two issues, mix in average intelligence and perception, dollop in average education, and now present a group of men (read: body of elders) who are presented with the complexity, and multi-faceted dysfunction that is incest. On one hand there is a "respectable" man and the other is a child.

Is it any wonder, is anyone truly suprised that the vast majority of men would side with the abuser/pedophile/incestuous father over the child? The abuser/pedophile/incestuous father looks good, presents a good image, has a plausible excuse for every accusation. But more importantly, it would take time, effort and a lot of courage to wade into that situation. To do so goes contrary to what I've posted above, as well as it would detract from selling the literature. God forbid! We can't have that.

What we have here is a 'perfect storm' -- a confluence of issues that obfuscate and wipe out the very real needs of a child who only wanted a mother and father who would care and protect them.

THAT is why pedophiles are coddled and protected.

BTW I made this post listening to Gary Jules singing "Mad World" (from Donnie Darko). Kinda fit I thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit