How would you describe yourself since leaving the borg?

by hambeak 31 Replies latest jw friends

• hambeak
    hambeak

For me I found myself more involved politically and in community and business affairs. Not as cynical as I once was and not as judgemental as when I was a JW. Also more empathetic about people and finally able to see some beauty in the world. How about you?

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I am a nice person now; I used to be so dark and cynical. I have far better manners. I know about friendship now.

• vitty
    vitty

Like you I stopped being so judgemental......................what a relief. I also started to see the really beautiful things that surrounded me, that included people.........appreciation for life, living for today, appreciating my family, my time my husband, excepting people for who they are...................I could go on and on

It really is a lesson in life , being a witness, when your freed its the most wonderful feeling.............even though we leave some loved ones behind.

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

Can I choose "D"- All of the Above?

I identify with what everyone else has said, and also... an even bigger thing for me... is the absence of FEAR. I used to be so afraid every second of my life because I knew I wasn't measuring up to "Jehovah's" standards. I knew I was going to die soon and it made me horribly sad because I hadn't done anything with my life, it revolved around making other people happy and hiding who I really was. And I didn't even do that very well... making others happy with me, that is.

Now, I don't obsess about my own death and with measuring up to someone else's unreachable standards. I live a moral life, do my best to help others in need, take care of my family and pay my taxes. It's so nice to walk around without the world sitting on my shoulders.

• ferret
    ferret

Happy Happy Happy

• ferret
    ferret

Happy Happy Happy

• delilah
    delilah

I agree with everyone here...the world is a much happier, brighter place to live, now that I've been 8 and a half years, borg-free. I no longer FEAR the "big bad world" and the people in it, and armageddon, and God. I KNOW, that I'm a good person, with a kind heart....that what I do, DOES make a difference, in my life, my family's lives, and those around me. I have self esteem...something I haven't owned in YEARS. It's great to be alive finally, and enjoying life.

~Dee P.S. All this is, of course, GUILT-FREE.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

Happy, joyful, trusting, peaceful, serene, with a purpose, more respectful, more active in the community in a way that actually matters, remorsful, more friendly....

no more PTSD, anxiety, panic attacks, no longer controlling and self righteous,

Much more capable of love. In fact, it has been 14 years since I was set free from the org, and I'm still learning how to love more deeply as I age. As a JW there really was NO real love. No unconditional all encompassing hold nothing back love, especially for a stranger.

• hambeak
    hambeak

I guess the reason for my question is that after being freed from mind control and fear people are finally allowed to be happy and are using their God given talents. For example Katie Kitten a beautiful person who is a teacher and not closed minded and can reach youth to reach their full potential, Jeff with a beautiful family that is wise and knows his ground and extend his love and happiness without boundries, Chris and Nina intelligent, loving and kind and most of all people who care about more than just themselves. Juni who can enjoy her family and not feel the fear of all the crap that the borg tries to put on everyone. The love and compassion of being human and not haveing prejudice because of ones background or belief. Think about it FREEDOM AND HAPPINESS the borg doesn't allow that only fear and control

I think we are all better in one way or another.

Love you all

Gary

• zagor
    zagor

Just one word describes it - alive - I acutually feel my body being one with nature around me. As a dub I was but mere shaddow in this world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit