What proof is there that the JWs were chosen by Jehovah to be His people?

by VM44 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BCZAR2ME
    BCZAR2ME
    The only ones who adhere to GOD'S standards on beards, suits and ties, length of hair and skirts.

Thank goodness for these.

bczar

• Kaput
    Kaput
    Other groups may hold to some of these beliefs, in varying combinations, but none hold to all 6 of these prime truths, and they are all much smaller than the JW's and so it is not logical that Jehovah has used them.

yaddayadda --- if you were an apologist, how would you know these are prime truths?

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

Why - here is the proof How Can You Find the True Religion?

3. The most outstanding mark of true Christians is that they have real love among themselves. (John 13:34, 35) They are not taught to think that they are better than people of other races or skin color. Neither are they taught to hate people from other countries (only people from other religions or who might be considered weak, or different) (Acts 10:34, 35) So they do not share in wars. True Christians treat one another as brothers and sisters.—1 John 4:20, 21.

4. Another mark of true religion is that its members have a deep respect for the Bible. They accept it as the Word of God and believe what it says. (As long as it is the Bible they wrote)(John 17:17; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17) They treat God's Word as being more important than human ideas or customs. (Matthew 15:1-3, 7-9) They try to live by the Bible in their everyday life. So they do not preach one thing and then practice another.—Titus 1:15, 16.

5. The true religion must also honor God's name. (Matthew 6:9) Jesus made God's name, Jehovah, known to others. True Christians must do the same. (John 17:6, 26; Romans 10:13, 14) Who are the people in your community that tell others about God's name? Or at least the name they use for God

6. True Christians must preach about God's Kingdom. Jesus did so. He always talked about the Kingdom. (Luke 8:1) He commanded his disciples to preach this same message in all the earth. (Matthew 24:14; 28:19, 20) True Christians believe that only God's Kingdom will bring true peace and security to this earth.—Psalm 146:3-5. Strange, I hear this from my Babylon the Great churches too

7. Jesus' disciples must be no part of this wicked world. (John 17:16) They do not get involved in the world's political affairs and social controversies. Well, unless it is about buying a party card in Mexico or belonging to the UN, or writing a letter in support of Hitler.. They avoid the harmful conduct, practices, and attitudes that are common in the world. (James 1:27; 4:4) Can you identify a religious group in your community that has these marks of true Christianity?

• Gill
    Gill

They SAID so! And because they SAID so it must be true! All those publications say so. The more publications that say so, then it MUST be so!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

MJ has simplified the circular logic by a bunch

JWs were chosen by Jehovah because they are the only ones with the "truth".

They are the only ones with the "truth" because they were chosen by Jehovah.

Otherwise, they say they were chosen, they tell you what they think the Bible really means and says, what they tell you is not what other religions teach, if they were right about what the Bible really means and says then they would be the only ones telling it, Jehovah chose them because they are the only ones telling what the Bible really means and says.

Proof is found in that they have never been wrong about the Bible and its meaning continue to receive updates on the true meaning of the Bible through inspiration (change to research and prayer ) two-thirds majority votes from those who believe they are the chosen ones.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Well, what do you know; here is a chance for ANY JW dub to answer this question. ANY sincere takers? Show me the evidence please. ..................

• Anitar
    Anitar

Mr. Kim:

Notice how no one responds...

Their silence could not be more deafening.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Anitar,

I know what you mean. The "truth" is, I COULD answer this question and make it very factual but, that is not my job. After all, I am still waiting for an honest response from the WTB&TS about my letter which was sent certified mail three different times over three years ago!

Yes I know, don't expect an answer............considering all of the facts, should anyone expect honesty from those that deceive?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit