What ignorance

by Norm 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Norm
    Norm

Look at this quote from the Watchtower Society website:

Does any religion meet these standards? The book Holocaust Politics, published in 2001, says: “If more people practiced versions of what the Jehovah’s Witnesses preach and practice, the Holocaust could have been prevented and genocide would scourge the world no more.”

Wow! Talk about being completely ignorant of Watchtower doctrine. Praising a religion who’s members pray and hope for a Holocaust and a genocide that will dwarf anything that has ever been done by man and even calls this unprecedented mass slaughter “Jehovah’s Wonderful Purpose for Mankind”. Yes, that’s what Jehovah's Witnesses preach folks!

Norm

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Norm,

Great point you make, and the average dub doesn't get that's what their hope is, and how they wait in earnest for a deluge of of blood brought about by "divine providence".

Dismembered

• KW13
    KW13

I agree, i mentioned this in another thread not long ago and i really think its not ignorant, more of a lie on their part. I'm guessing the Watchtower as usual took it out of context.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

True, the biggest holocaust ever is going to be the one the JWs say is about to occur. The most blood thirsty large scale mass murder is going to be perpetuated by the God of the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Also, if everyone practiced the doctrine of almost any religion there would not be any genocide.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES COOPERATED WITH THE NAZI'S.

From a letter written by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society to the German Reichkanzler dated 6/25/1933: "It (Christianity) fights against the Jewish-materialistic spirit inside and outside of United States..."""The Watchtower" and "Bible Student" were the only magazines in America which refused to engage in anti-German propaganda...in America during the war.""It has been the commercial Jews of the British-American Empire that have built up and carried on Big Business as a means of exploiting and oppressing the peoples of many nations.""The present government of Germany has declared emphatically against big business oppressors and in opposition to the wrongful religious influence in the political affairs of the nation. Such is exactly our position..." Watchtower Yearbook 1939 p.134 "It is falsely charged by our enemies that we have received financial support for our work from the Jews. Nothing is farther from the truth. Up to this hour there never has been the slightest bit of money contributed to our work by Jews. We are the faithful followers of Christ Jesus and believe upon Him as the Savior of the world, whereas the Jews entirely reject Jesus Christ and emphatically deny that he is the Savior of the world sent of God for man's good. This of itself should be sufficient proof to show that we receive no support from Jews and that therefore the charges against us are maliciously false and could proceed only from Satan, our great enemy. The greatest and the most oppressive empire on earth is the Anglo-American empire. By that is meant the British Empire, of which the United States of America forms a part. It has been the commercial Jews of the British-American empire that have built up and carried on Big Business as a means of exploiting and oppressing the peoples of many nations. This fact particularly applies to the cities of London and New York, the stronghold of Big Business. This fact is so manifest in America that there is a proverb concerning the city of New York which says: The Jews own it, the Irish Catholics rule it, and the Americans pay the bills." p.135 "The present government of Germany has declared emphatically against Big Business oppressors and in opposition to the wrongful religious influence in the political affairs of the nations. Such is exactly our position." p.136 "Instead of being against the principles advocated by the government of Germany, we stand squarely for such principles, and point out that Jehovah God through Christ Jesus will bring about the full realization of these principles and will give to the people peace and prosperity and the greatest desire of every honest heart" p.137 "A careful examination of our books and literature will disclose the fact that the very high ideals held and promulgated by the present national government are set forth in and endorsed and strongly emphasized in our publications and show that Jehovah God will see to it that these high ideals in due time will be attained by all persons who love righteousness[...]" p.138 "Let us remind the government and the people of Germany, that it was the League of Nations compact that laid upon the shoulders of the German people the great unjust and unbearable burdens. That the League of Nations compact was not brought forth by the friends of Germany." ---- Danny Haszard comment: Hitler double-crossed the 'pact he had with the blowhard Watchtower dictator Joseph Rutherford so Rutherford then turned on Hitler and let his fellow Jehovah's Witnesses perish in the death camps.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

The book Holocaust Politics is by John K. Roth and is available through Amazon:

The book Holocaust Politics, published in 2001, says: “If more people practiced versions of what the Jehovah’s Witnesses preach and practice, the Holocaust could have been prevented and genocide would scourge the world no more.”

As usual with the WT, that quote is completely accurate but again, as usual they've left something out. The above quote is immediately preceded by the phrase: "Consider the following proposition:"

The author does indeed go on to praise the JWs for their mostly firm stand against the Nazis, but it's certainly not as cut-and-dried as the out-of-context quote above implies.

For example:

The purple triangle's moral significance is that it symbolises a specific kind of resistance to prevent the Holocaust if it had been widely practiced in time. These qualifying words are imposrtant. One reason is that it tool massive military force to bring the Third Reich to its knees and to bring the Holocaust to an end. The resistance of the Jehovah's Witnesses did not take that form. Indeed, as World War II wore on, the Nazis gradually understood that the Witnesses' religious beliefs would lead neither to escape attempts nor to violent resistance in the concentration camps or elsewhere. At least to some extent, Nazi cunning eventually learned how to exploit the Witnesses' trustworthy behavior for its own purposes.

-pp 237-8, emphasis in original

The book is available at http://www.amazon.com/Holocaust-Politics-John-K-Roth/dp/0664221734 and the Search inside feature can be used to see all the above in context. I don't have the time to read it all now but it's probably worth a look.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

I'd love to get a scan of the 1939 yearbook quote that Danny Haszard posted... is that available anywhere??

GGG

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

As usual, the wts has taken what someone else has written out of context to make it appear as unstinting praise for their religion. We shouldn't be surprised by this, we should expect it. They did it when the NWT came out, deliberately misquoting scholars to indicate support for the translation, and I believe the Creation book contained a number of misquotes. That's just two instances, I would think there are many more. I haven't read the full quote from Holocaust Politics, but I'm willing to bet the wts has not quoted it in its' entirity.

I don't think it's so much ignorance on the part of the books' authors as the watchtower once more tailoring a quote to suit their purpose. I just hope that no one reading it is deceived by it.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

A similar statement can be said of any religion:

If America was made mostly of muslims, the world trade centers would never have been bombed.

If everyone on earth were buddists we would have peace on earth. Or Amish, or whatever.

And every one of those statements is flawed to a degree. If everyone was a Jehovahs Witness, we would be living a super clean stone age... 90% of the planet would be janitors and only about 5% would be devoted to science, and those people would be considered weak and looked down on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit