I am so weary................

by delilah 27 Replies latest jw friends

• delilah
    delilah

If I hear one more JW family member tell me "You know it's the truth", I think I will go f#*$%@g postal !!!! My Grammy has just been put to rest, and already my parents and my s/i/l have said this to me. They know I'm feeling sad, and missing my Grammy, and they say, "She's going to be resurrected you know, be happy for her. You KNOW it's the truth". I'm to the point where I think I will tell them, once and for all, how I truly feel about this religion, and be done with it. My husband does not want me to do it.

He thinks I should just leave well enough alone, and ignore them all. I've kept my mouth shut for some 8 years now, as I'm faded. I do not relish the thought of being df'd a third time, but I am growing weary of their bullying. Why is it, they can say as they believe, but the rest of us, who do not believe as they do, are made to feel stupid?! I feel like I cannot express myself to them, without the fear of them running to report me to their frigging elders, as an apostate. That's exactly what they'd do too. I no longer believe as they do, and they'd definitely think I was a dreaded "apostate"....

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

(((delilah)))

Situations like yours must be very hard to cope with, knowing what you do about the wts. It makes me glad I have no family in the org, and that I am da'd. I can understand why you don't relish being df'd, knowing how df'd and da'd people are treated by the jws. I suppose it's a choice of either grin and bear it or let them know what you really think, and take the consequences. Not much of a choice at all, really. I hope things get better for you, whatever happens.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Maybe take a different course ...

Tell them you had a dream that you and your grandmother was in, and she kept asking you about 1914/1918/1975, the WTS involvement with the UN, and why the "love of the greater number has cooled off". Then Fred Franz came into the dream and kept repeating until you woke up, "if I just had a chance to do it over again." Delilah ask the family, "what do you think that dream meant?"

• parakeet
    parakeet

"He thinks I should just leave well enough alone, and ignore them all. I've kept my mouth shut for some 8 years now"

Garybuss has often said that he treats JWs as he would the mentally ill. There's no reasoning with them, and trying to do so may have negative consequences for you.

But whatever you decide to do, good luck to you.

• Mary
    Mary
    My Grammy has just been put to rest, and already my parents and my s/i/l have said this to me. They know I'm feeling sad, and missing my Grammy, and they say, "She's going to be resurrected you know, be happy for her. You KNOW it's the truth". I'm to the point where I think I will tell them, once and for all, how I truly feel about this religion, and be done with it. My husband does not want me to do it.

Ahem.....seeing as I know your parents and your s/i/l, all I can say hon is: DON'T TELL THEM ANYTHING. I know you're weary, but you know as well as I do that your s-i-l would just LOVE to get something on you: like apostacy, even though she's the lowest piece of shit ever hatched. If you want, I can help you with a few uh, 'questions' for your parents that might keep them at bay. I did this for my non-Dub sister when our Dub sister got half-bombed one night and started preaching to her about "you KNOW it's the Truth!" and "no one else preaches except us!" My non-Dub sister said: 'Yes they do. The Mormons preach and the churches send all kinds of Missionaries to third world countries, so don't try to tell me that Witnesses are the only ones that preach." Our Dub sister just rolled her eyes but stopped after that.

My parents know I don't go any more but they've never asked me why. I think deep down they know I don't believe it but they don't really want to know, and I don't volunteer anything.

*Mary goes to get a bottle of wine to take over to Dee's house*

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

*Mary goes to get a bottle of wine to take over to Dee's house*

(((Dee)))

lisa

• FreeChick
    FreeChick

Delilah,

Sorry to hear about you Grammy.

FreeChick

• delilah
    delilah

Garybuss has often said that he treats JWs as he would the mentally ill. There's no reasoning with them, and trying to do so may have negative consequences for you. Parakeet....this is so true!! Thankyou for telling me this.

Tell them you had a dream that you and your grandmother was in, and she kept asking you about 1914/1918/1975, the WTS involvement with the UN, and why the "love of the greater number has cooled off". Then Fred Franz came into the dream and kept repeating until you woke up, "if I just had a chance to do it over again." Delilah ask the family, "what do you think that dream meant?"

Lawrence, this is a great idea..hahaha

Fullofdoubtnow...thanks for your thoughts...I wish my family were out of the borg.. but alas!! it's only my youngest brother and I that are "out", and he DA'd himself. My parents still talk to him, they always will, he's the baby...My Grammy, although a die-hard Jw, NEVER turned her back on any of us....others in my family would do well to follow her example!!

Thankyou Freechick...Lisa you could drive on up here in time for a wee glass of vino....Mary...you are such a sweetie....I loves ya kid!!!

Thanks everyone for your responses...today was a shitty day. I had lunch with the evil s/i/l, who is a "good" little dub, (lmao) She proceeded to bring EVERYTHING up again, ( long, sordid story, one I will tell later) which my brother, her husband, told her NOT to do, and I came home so depressed, my hubby called from work, and I cried my eyes out....I will not have lunch with her ever again. I have not missed her nasty, evil, negativity at all. She has a black heart, and I do not like to be around her. She brings everyone around her down. And she's got the "truth"?? Why isn't she "happy" then?

• Legolas
    Legolas

((((Delilah))))

I sorry to hear what you are going through

I have to give all you guys, who have to keep your mouths shut or you will lose your families, a standing ovation ....Because I'm telling you there is nothing that would keep my mouth, I just couldn't do it for long!

Hugs...I hope you feel better soon!

• delilah
    delilah

Thanx, Legolas..you know, it's not even the fact that I'll lose my family. My one brother,( whose wife made me angry today) and I rarely see each other anyways, and my other brother and I are very close, and always will be. I'm not sure how my parents would react, probably on again, off again, I'm sure, even though I've never turned my back on my father when he was DF'd twice!! I've been df'd before, and I vowed, that the organization would NEVER wield that kind of power over me again. I remember the feelings of guilt, and feeling like pond-scum...how inconsistent my mom was, talking to me one minute, shunning me the next. It was crazy.

I keep my mouth shut, I suppose, to make things easy for all involved. But it's taking it's toll.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit