OK, This is what I have to say

by peacepipe 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Tina
    Tina

Hi
    Just an addendum.
    Sanctioned Abduction /kidnapping.This was planned and executed in Judges 21,Numbers 31.
    Sanctioned rape is in Isaiah 13,11-16(isrealites free to rape wives of defeated enemies)
    2 explicit edicts from god to perpetrate these crimes (rape and abduction)found at Dt 20:10-18,21:10-14........Tina

Carl Sagan on balancing openness to new ideas with skeptical scrutiny..."if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense-you cannot distinguish useful ideas from worthless ones."

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

"Perhaps if He had spared them, they would have grown up and commited the sins of their parents and be condemned to Hell."

Oh, so it's okay for god to have people killed, or to kill them, if he does it because he'd rather have them die then than burn them in hell forever for being bad if they grew up. But, if someone is bad when they grow up, they'll still burn in hell.

So god will burn people in hell, or is 'hell' a metaphor like you say 'rape' is a metaphor?

You know, someone who uses 'forced sex' or 'eternal torture' as metaphors isn't THAT nice in my opinion.

Keep on rocking in the free world...

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

Okay, the following is written entirely tongue in cheek, I am no proponent of Molech, but you may recognize a familiar line of reasoning.

Actually, Molech is a very loving benevolent diety. We know he exacted some seemingly atrocious things from his adherants at that time. But he's turned real nice now--I mean, he's always been nice, but... HE HAD to do those things (the killing babies, and mothers, and such) because the people AROUND them were so bad--oye! you shoulda seen those dirty Hittites, and THEIR depraved dieties!! Molech knew that these babies would be born of evil, evil women. These women actually killed their other offspring and offered them to Hittite dieties. Certain unnamed unspecified scholars wrote in books, that I won't quote from now, that these women were evil, so we know it's true. Molech was sparing these innocent little lambs, and taking them to his loving breast, which is symbolized by the fiery hell of his love. We know that they did not feel pain, and they are with him now in Bakhat-Kallah--a beautiful place in the skies, where Molech is, and where no one feels any pain, or is ever sad, or anything. We know Molech is the one true god, because he had some of his followers write on tablets that he was. We know these tablets are inspired of Molech, because it says so, RIGHT IN THE TABLETS!! it's true (see tablets, book of Prakdem ch 8:3) Also, unspecified archeological digs support what these tablets say (that he was loving, and he created everything--written on pottery shards) I think the world would be a much better place, if we would all turn back to worshipping Molech. The reason we see so much suffering, is because we have angered the great Molech by turning from Him and worshiping this Hebrew sky-diety. We will all suffer untold amounts of wrath (which is actually, a reflection of his great love--See tablets--Slik-btzfa ch 9:7--it's very clear) if we do not once again embrace the Great Molech and do exactly as he says. We know he will not call for these atrocities again, because he's changed, I mean he really never changes, but he's nicer now, I mean, he's always been nice, but we do not live in THAT depraved of a society now, well, we DO live in the worst times, EVER in history, ever ever, so we don't know what he has in store. But I do not want to question the Great Molech, do you? Whatever he does, or asks of me is fine!
    *chuckles*
    Bridgette

• Julie
    Julie

Hi Brigette--

Good one. It is entertaining and effectively makes a valid point, excellent work.

I don't understand people who claimed that the bible was God's word and felt they could back it up by pointing to where it says so in the bible itself. I could write a book that says the same thing, so could anyone. If I wrote a book and was claiming it to be from God I would be inclined to provide a more Utopian existence to strive for instead of portraying hell-on-earth.

I enjoy your posts--
    Julie

• Unclepenn1
    Unclepenn1

Tina,

Deut 22:22 States -If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die. You must purge the evil from Israel.' Hmm, not sure how that says God allows rape. Here, just a few verses down it states Deut 22:25 - But if out in the country a man happens to meet a girl pledged to be married and rapes her, only the man who has done this shall die.

You also mentioned Numbers. Hmm, where does it say to rape the women? It says to keep the women but that is to spare them and give them a new life, possibly as a husband to an Israelite. And Joel, don't see any women raping going on there.

Works a callin! I will try and be back later,

Penn

Mohammed- 'My teachings lead to the attainment of truth'
    Buddha- 'The truth has been revealed to me'
    Jesus- 'I am the truth'

• Unclepenn1
    Unclepenn1

OK tell me this is not frustrating. I typed out a very long post and then the computer freaked and I lost it all! Arghh! Oh well, I will have to put one up tomorrow.

Have a nice weekend :)

Penn

"When I nominated Jesus as my supreme ecologist, years of inner pollution became instantly biodegradable" - Donald R. Brown

• rem
    rem

Bridgette,

That was absolutely brilliant!

I think it's hilarious how Christians try to draw attention away from Jehovah's genocide by pointing to the attrocities of people who served other gods. Yeah - obviously ALL of the people were so bad that god had to slaughter them all, including the animals! You wouldn't want any animals going to hell, lol.

Oh, but sometimes we'll spare the animals and the virgin girls. Gee, I wonder what's gonna happen to those nice virgin girls? And how did they determine which ones were virgins in the first place? Hmmmmmmm.

rem

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so."
    ..........Bertrand Russell

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

Rem, Julie, thank you for indulging my little prose! I always wanted to gag on the WT's wild stretches of why biblegod (love that term) was such a bastard in the OT.
    I've also read a lot of commentary on so-called biblical archeology. There's a link, if I can remember, that really talks about how El-ohim "evolved" out of the Cannanite head diety, El. Also, there's almost no distinction in the archeological record between the Cannanites and the offspring of Abraham. They appear to be one in the same. Until pig bones start disappearing out of the record. '
    Hey, Rem, I love your snippet at the bottom of your signature.
    Bridgette

"Believing is easier than thinking. Hence so many more believers than thinkers."--Bruce Calvert

• Tina
    Tina

Excellent! Great writing Bridgette! more more more lol,,,hugs,Tina

Carl Sagan on balancing openness to new ideas with skeptical scrutiny..."if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense-you cannot distinguish useful ideas from worthless ones."

• Julie
    Julie

I see this thread getting lost in the mix and was really looking forward to Penn's reply to my thoughts. I hope he makes it back before it is lost forever.

Julie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit