• south african beef
    south african beef

Failing to mark up your Watchtower,
    Failing to do 10 hours field service,
    Failing to have a family sudy,
    Failing to answer up at the meeting,

How do you plead?

GUILTY m'lud!

So glad that all that crap is behind me now.
    SAB

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Don't forget the extra reading that you had to do for Memorial!

• loosie
    loosie
    He told me that if I didn't call god by the name jehovah, that it was anyone's bet who would get my prayer

Well I don't understand they teach that there is only one God so who could possibble get your prayer toehr than that one God?

I was raised in so I don't how it felt to not feel guilty. Althought I don't feel guilty now...I feel great.

but I do remember how they said that the Catholics were serving God out of guilt. I thought whoa we aren't much different.

• Jobees
    Jobees

When I was in my later teens, just months before high school graduation, our congregation was full of young ones graduating that year. We had 25 (!!!!!!!) regular pioneers in our hall. The meetings in the months before graduation were littered with talks where the elders would encourage (guilt trip) us teens to become regular pioneers and not pursue a worldly degree in secondary schooling.

We all fell for it, 6 of us became pioneers after school. I occasionally think of that and remember how my pioneering was a direct result of feeling guilty if I was the only high school graduate to not become a regular pioneer.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    I remember being told that I could not read or obtain a copy of the organization book until I was dedicated and slated for baptism. Always guilting you to go a little further into their trap. Bad thing is that it worked at the time.

Yeah, they don't want someone with an unclouded mind to read this book. Red flags about the jw being a cult are peppered throughout this book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit