I got a drive-by shepherding call today

by willyloman 20 Replies latest jw friends

• willyloman
    willyloman

Well, this is weird.

I got an email today from a dub. There was no message. It was 53 seconds of music. The tune was familiar. Before the 53 seconds were up, I recognized it as a Kingdom Hall song. It was all instrumental, no words, and I cannot remember the title. But I know the melody.

There was no spoken message whatsoever. The source was "an unidentified caller."

Some months ago our firm got a new Internet-connected phone system and people can call and leave a message and it goes not only to your phone but to your email. When you click on it, an audio file opens and plays the message.

After I processed this for a few minutes, I realized a dub had called my number and left this "message." I suppose it's some twisted version of a shepherding call, without the risk of a verbal confrontation.

Has anyone else experienced this sort of hit-and-run visit?

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

I'd say it was deminz!!!

Pope

• BCZAR2ME
    BCZAR2ME

You've been touched by an angel. Repent!

bczar

• juni
    juni

No Willy I've never had anything like that happen to me. That is so wierd and funny! What they won't do.

Juni

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I've never heard of that before, but it sounds apropos for one with an elder's courage. What I really want to say, though, is I LOVE this post's title.

• crazyblondeb
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

A drive by shepherding call??..Do they drive by in a car,lean out the window and smack you in the head with a Watchtower?..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• moshe
    moshe

I gave one of those drive-by apostate messages to a former elder last week! I used Skypeout to call him and left a message on their voicemail at home. I rubbed it in: I was right all along about the 1914 generation and the anointed remnant generation.- I hope he appreciated it- and I told him my name, too.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    and I told him my name, too.

Well no wonder you're no longer in "the truth," you apparently have testacles.

• mama1119

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit