transcript of a disfellowship appeal meeting -they can get you for anything

by jwfacts 38 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I freeking love it. I cant call the exact location but doesn't the bible mention not calling the former things to mind. It is a known fact that what ever transgression's you have stay with you till the end in that cult.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Just had another thought spurred by hecklerboy. Dosen't speakers during their public talks or whatever love to use the example of the neighbor whos cat is killed by another neighbor and he forgives the neighbor for killing his cat but burries the cat with its tail sticking out the ground. whenever someone ask about the tail the neighbor(despite having said he forgave the other neighbor) proceeds to yank the dead cat out the ground and speek ill of his neighbor who killed his cat.

That works for the R&F the not the given ones.

• becca1
    becca1

I think C. summed it up best when he told them he felt they were just trying to get him out, their purpose was not to help him. The purpose of discipline is to help a person. This was not the goal of this body of elders.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

WOW. That's incredible. I don't even know what to say to that. Just further proves they have their own agenda.

Good for him for getting up and walking out. I think that takes guts. It's easy to feel trapped in that room, and think they have authority over you. Because they act like they do.

• mama1119
    mama1119

Wow, they are really reaching there. They must have been deperate to hush him up, that is just ridiculous. Good for him for walking out.

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Jwfacts,

Thanks for sharing this. As a former elder for many years I saw the abuse first hand! Unfortunately, this abuse is more the rule than the exception! I’m sure these guys see nothing wrong with their actions. What Ray Franz brought out in his books is so true. Most JW elders, individually, would never harshly treat people the way a group of them will. There’s a type of group-think that takes place, which creates arrogance and bullying to an extreme. Under these conditions, these men get an erection-of -authority that must be a real brain-rush of endorphins. It’s so sad!

• read good books
    read good books

In our congregation there was the elder with the strong personlity who ran the show and the rest of the elders were just rubber stamps. He was like the 'hanging judge' like in the movie 'The life and times of Judge Roy Bean' he would always take the harshest view of anybody elses conduct, except of course his own kids who broke every rule and got away with murder. and he disfellowshipped people on a regular basis for just about anything. It just proves they don't have Gods spirit.

• penny2
    penny2

And in one foul swoop they take away your life. Hope he's coping OK.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

So disrespecting Elders equals "Loose Conduct," that's a new one. I thought "Loose Conduct" had something to do with morals.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Here he is reproved for drunkenness, here he is spoken to about smoking, here he is, he has lied over here; there’s a pattern of his attitude toward divine law. Do you see that?

interesting illustration...the pattern that is spoken of here is relevant because the individual is 'guilty' of ongoing 'imperfection'

however in the case involving this brother the charge of apostacy was dropped because he was not 'guilty' of it..therefore there was no basis for continuing with the commitee meeting...the 'loose conduct' that he was charged with was that he showed a disrespectful attitude evidenced by a confrontational approach towards the elders that had wrongly accused him in the first place..

thats like someone being convicted of a murder that they did not commit because they vigourously protested their innocence instead of humbly accepting the decision

idiots...

and by no means an isolated incident..

i was not reinstated because when i applied i was accused of all sorts of things that i was not guilty of..after humbly accepting the discipline for the things i was guilty of - even though it was not the correct decision - and so my confrontational bearing was deemed to be evidence that i wasnt't truly repentant..they failed to appreciate that genuine repentance cannot possibly include being sorry for the things that you did not do.

fuck 'em

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit