--- A Question for ALL Atheistic ex-Dubs----

by gordon d 145 Replies latest jw friends

• gordon d
    gordon d

Which child is wiser?

While starting a hunt for Easter eggs… one child runs to a big tree and finds nothing… then that child’s brother says, “Go look under that rock… I promise you’ll find one there!” Again, Nothing! The child throws down their basket and says, “I give up! I can’t find one…. I don’t even think there are any Easter Eggs!! You guys are wasting your time!!”

Another child has the same experience but just when he was about to give up, noticed that some of the other kids were smiling with baskets full of eggs! He starts searching again and actually finds some!

The WTS has told all of us lies and sent us looking for God in the wrong places…. Most of us agree that the WTS was not the ‘Truth”… Why then do we still look for the God that they told us about? Why are we so willing to give up when the God of their creation turns out Not to be there?

Look around you, All of creation screams it…. Your very eyes and ears take it in. Are you going to let these liars continue to fool you? Or is the reason for not believing in God that he cannot exist because his actions are not reasonable or loving to your personal standard of amazing wisdom and advanced intellect?

If you haven’t found God, maybe it’s because you haven’t looked in the right places, looked hard enough, or looked long enough. Please don’t give up! When you do finally discover the real Him, It’ll be worth everything that you ever did to find him.

And what the Heck? Even if you never can find him and you spent a fraction of your 70-or-so pitiful years, searching in vain, for hope on this Godless rock….. what difference does it make???? Get busy living or get busy dying… but please, don’t pull anyone else down into your hopelessness with you!

• Scully
    Scully
    The WTS has told all of us lies and sent us looking for God in the wrong places…. Most of us agree that the WTS was not the ‘Truth”… Why then do we still look for the God that they told us about? Why are we so willing to give up when the God of their creation turns out Not to be there?

Look around you, All of creation screams it…. Your very eyes and ears take it in. Are you going to let these liars continue to fool you? Or is the reason for not believing in God that he cannot exist because his actions are not reasonable or loving to your personal standard of amazing wisdom and advanced intellect?

If you haven’t found God, maybe it’s because you haven’t looked in the right places, looked hard enough, or looked long enough. Please don’t give up! When you do finally discover the real Him, It’ll be worth everything that you ever did to find him.

And what the Heck? Even if you never can find him and you spent a fraction of your 70-or-so pitiful years, searching in vain, for hope on this Godless rock….. what difference does it make???? Get busy living or get busy dying… but please, don’t pull anyone else down into your hopelessness with you!

My goodness, you sure have a low opinion of atheists, don't you?

"Hopeless" and "pitiful" are not words I would use to describe myself or any other athiests of my acquaintance.

And your suggestion to "just keep searching"... and assumptions that we "haven't found God, maybe it's because you haven't looked in the right places, looked hard enough, or looked long enough..." Give me a break!!

If "god" exists, he wouldn't make it so difficult to find him for someone who was sincerely searching for him.

How long is the Easter Egg Hunt supposed to go on for, anyway? In a real Easter Egg Hunt, there's usually a time limit, and then, full basket, empty basket, or somewhere in between, everyone has to go home. The kid that wants to keep looking because he doesn't want to go home empty handed is looked upon as a sore loser, and usually gets reprimanded by mom or dad for embarrassing them. Your analogy just doesn't work.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

No offense but wasn't one of the jw's favorite tactics to make people think that they needed what the jw was selling? Maybe, just maybe, God doesn't need us professing any manmade faith to live a life that makes his heart melt.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Such disrespect and disparagement of people who don't believe in the easter bunny! *shakes head*

S

• gordon d
    gordon d

Hey Scully,

Have you found the "Joy that surpasses all understanding" yet? If so, please share your "hope" with us.

As far as the time limit for the hunt.... Typically it's 70 years but if you don't get a fair oportunity, there is a second chance round.

As far as the dejected kid without any eggs.... Thank goodness there are some kids willing to share theirs!

++++If "god" exists, he wouldn't make it so difficult to find him for someone who was sincerely searching for him++++

Is this based upon human standards of difficult or Gods?

I hear everything that you're saying Scully... there was a time that I would have Totally shared your perspective. My intent was not to be offensive. It was to say that I found something that is better, for me... something wonderful! I would love to share that with everyone but won't force it upon anyone.... I don't have THAT right any moreso than certain atheist have to condemn those that are looking for God.

It seems that more consideration is given to the people that have found peace though any other lifestyle than Christianity... It seems that that may be a latent effect of being misled by someone representing a false form of Christianity.... That's truly sad! But for those that have placed their hope any other form of spirituality, or lifestyle.... what hope does your future hold for you?

• Scully
    Scully

I like what Richard Dawkins says: Other people are 'atheists' about so-called 'pagan' gods like Thor, Zeus, Poseidon, or the Easter Bunny, atheists just take it one god further.

• vomit
    vomit

What is your question for us hopeless athiests (though I myself do not run with any label).

Is it this one?
    Which child is wiser?
    None, its a game and there is more than one outcome that you have over looked. Unless the child with all the eggs actualy places one back in the ground, he cant say for sure there is any left. Although there may be some left by the parents(another factor not mentioned in your senario) there may in fact be none left. To give up in the situation is the best outcome if the eggs are running scarce since they will be finite anyway. But the child with none is overlooking the chance there may in fact be some. Again no guarantees.

I dont live for beliving in fairy tales or no guarantees, I live for the experiences I get in life, with or without a god, some of these experiences can also be beneficial to my peers. So why should I care for a story made up by a drunk Abraham?

• gumby
    gumby
    If you haven’t found God, maybe it’s because you haven’t looked in the right places, looked hard enough, or looked long enough.

So, if one is clueless as to what god is, then if he/she looks a little harder, and looks in different places, then they will eventually find him?

Where would you suggest that I might look that I haven't already looked gordy?

Tell me what place to look in that I haven't already looked in if you don't mind.

I've already noticed that life is in abunance to the depths of the earth and all of it seems to have it's place and survives with conscience life.....but I still get no contact I know of with god........just a realisation a creator exist/existed to make the things I see. Is that what god is to you, a god who shows you what he made when you make an effort to see what he's made? Even if he audibly told you he made these things.......how do you suppose he'd explain natures bad side?

If your answer is from the bible, then how do those without one know god as well as you do?

Gumgordygitter

• vomit
    vomit

Not directed at me,

"Have you found the "Joy that surpasses all understanding" yet? If so, please share your "hope" with us."

Sounds like a HariKrishna/buddhist/bible thumping sales pitch. If it surpasses all understanding, how can it be understood?
    I have come to understand that these phrases are just hooks to pressure people to conform to your views. Nothing more.

• Asheron
    Asheron

"The religion of one age is the

literary entertainment of the next "

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit