Have you heard of this yet?

by Calico Ethel 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Calico Ethel
    Calico Ethel

I just talked to my mom (dub) yesterday, which was poorly timed (after there meeting). She tells me that the speaker said in his talk that there are two sides in this world - Jehovah's side and Satan's side. If you are not on Jehovah's side, then you are on Satan's side. And if you are on Satan's side, then you agree with all that he condone's like murder, rape, homosexuality, abortion, etc....

How is that possible that someone would think that if they don't agree with one thing they must agree with all the opposite things? It is possible to not agree with murder, rape, etc. and still be a good person. I know this from personal experience, myself, my friends....

Also, she stated that an "experience" was given of an elderly woman who is restricted to a wheelchair goes out in service all by herself and if she can't get to a home in her wheelchair, she gets out of it and crawls on her hands and knees over gravel if need be. WHAT????? Are they serious? I think they just say this stuff to make people feel bad about themselves. They will say anything to get people to do what they want them to do(i.e. spend there whole life out in service). My mom feels horrible that she doesn't do that herself.....this is one of the reasons why I'm done with it all. I have better self-esteem now that I don't feel guilted into doing something I don't want to do.

These are just my opinions though.

• integ
    integ

Yes.,I have heard of it. I read the article. I still go the meetings occasionally (once every 2 months or so out of family pressure), and I happened to attend yesterday's watchtower. Someone commented that; "I just started a job at a bank and there is a girl there who was using bad language and I told that I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses, and please stop using bad language around me".

Her comment was out of the blue and out of context from what was being discussed, and typical of the self righteous attitude amongst the witnesses.

"I'm better than you because I don't swear."

Gimme a break,

Integ.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

World is black and white. Typical cult behavior.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

It's typical siege mentality cult behaviour, you are either for us or against us. It's just moew manipulation by the wts to keep it's existing membership, and as for that story about the woman in a wheelchair, no doubt that's just another jw urban legend, not to be taken literally.

• lawrence
    lawrence

I was on the gravel Friday night, hands and feet crawling. I had 2 more issues of KN #37 and I'd be damned if I wasn't going to circulate life saving news. I got to the householder's door, but they stole my Cuervo bottle, and threatened to call the cops. But I did get them to take the tract. The 2nd house called the cops; the cops seeing and hearing loudly that Jose was absconded, told me to get up on my feet and leave promptly. One of the cops took the last tract and balled it up, then threw it to the wind. So much for night witnessing on one's hands and feet.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    And if you are on Satan's side, then you agree with all that he condone's like murder, rape, homosexuality, abortion, etc....

As if, Jehovah's Witnesses don't do that!? Please, give me a break!

• nelly136
    nelly136

Bwahahahahahahahaha Lawrence

• nelly136
    nelly136
    she stated that an "experience" was given of an elderly woman who is restricted to a wheelchair goes out in service all by herself

and the other jws in her cong stand by while she has to drag herself round the streets? sheesh cant someone spare her a push?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

They live in a world of black and white. I heard many times that if you are on the "fence" you are with satan.

• aniron
    aniron
    Also, she stated that an "experience" was given of an elderly woman who is restricted to a wheelchair goes out in service all by herself and if she can't get to a home in her wheelchair, she gets out of it and crawls on her hands and knees over gravel if need be.

Where are the "loving brothers and sisters" that should be helping her?

If she came up to my door on her hands and knees I wouldn't be impressed. I'd be angry that her "brothers and sisters" would let such a thing happen. I would tell her what a cold-hearted group of people she must belong to if they let her do that. And that I wouldn't want to be part of such a people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit