Should I warn this householder of the danger?

by SirNose586 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I was out today and working with a well-indoctrinated brother ("Brother B"). We were hitting houses with tracts then running, until we went on his call. Brother B was trying to give him an Asleep and a tract, and invite him to the talk today, which was given by a Bethelite (and it was a HEAVY indoctrination session, which is another story).

The householder passed on the invitation, saying he needed to take care of chores, family, etc. Brother B says anyone who goes to the meetings will be impressed with the format, and wouldn't regret going (). Brother B mentioned to the man that I and he had chosen this one out of the "smorgasbord of religious choices." The man held his ground, then proceeded to ask Brother B some questions--GOOD questions, such as:

"Don't you guys only believe that JWs are going to be saved? Doesn't that put God in a box? I mean, as long as I follow the Bible and accept Christ, isn't that enough?" for which Brother B more or less denied that this was true, but emphasised that we were a good choice for fellowship, and promoted the Borganization.

Then the man took issue that we use "a JW Bible," to which Brother B repeated the lie that "our Bible has been recommended by the top sources for being such a good translation of the oldest manuscripts." Big, bald-faced lie.

Next, the householder wondered if he was going to die because he'd had blood transfusions in the past. "No, no..." said Brother B. He wondered about the fractions issue. Brother B didn't have much to say to this.

Further, the man was concerned because his wife "thinks we are a cult." I had never heard a householder this informed about the witnesses! This was like the icing on the cake. He then said he wasn't sure he was ready to do anything with us until he'd researched us completely. But at the end the man said Brother B could come back another day. Brother B and I walked back to the car. I was silent the whole time at the door, letting him take a beating. I could tell that Brother B had been defeated, because he only said one thing about the call as I drove him back to his house.

So, at this point the guy is pretty much ready to shut out Brother B out of a callback. He doesn't need any more help to see that we're a cult. This man lives close to where I live. I entertained thoughts of dropping a letter containing WT quotes and other internet research quotes on his doorstep...but then I thought, I might have my cover blown, because there's no way I could deny not showing all those quotes to the man. I'd really like to warn this man anonymously, and tell him to warn everyone he knows...so what do y'all think? Good idea?

Oh yeah--Brother B said that "the man's thinking needs to be readjusted."

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I think the householder had been getting his info from the right source. It sounds like he's done his homework. Good for him. Still, seeing as how people have stopped by his house uninvited to talk about a religion filled with hypocrisy, it might not be a bad thing to drop by some OTHER literature and a website address or two.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I think it would be a great idea to announomously(butchered that word) share the truth about the troofwith the householder. Of course there is great info here such as lady liberties list of J-dub wrongs. Obviously this guy knows what to look for, this will just help to make the hook more visible. Essentially you're applying the watchman principle.

• aniron
    aniron
    He then said he wasn't sure he was ready to do anything with us until he'd researched us completely.

This is one of the things JW's are now continuously facing. Now with many people having computers and the Internet such research is easily possible. People are no longer ignorant about what JW's are. As shown by the questions the man asked. The question about the "JW Bible" not something an ordinary person would come up with. Also that "JW's say they only ones to be saved" . I wonder if the guy knew about them and was seeing what the JW would answer. The guy may have gone back in the house and said to his wife "Hey you know that JW.com forum was right about what they would say."

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I bet the guy is one of us already! He is probably wondering if he should try to rescue the quiet thoughtful guy from the org.! :)

• gordon d
    gordon d

I bet the guy is one of us already! He is probably wondering if he should try to rescue the quiet thoughtful guy from the org.! :) Yeah... what she said.... Hey SirNose.... next time, just stand there, quietly, and "Blink" out the word "Torture" in Morse code

• FuzzyPaul
    FuzzyPaul

I would have the same quandary if I went door to door looking like I wanted to endorse the Watchtower's religion by looking like a follower, attending like a follower, getting counted like a follower, and then wanting people to know the truth about the Watchtower's totally dishonest, cruel, heavy-handed, perverted, hypocritical ways. Not to offend you since I don't know - Why do you choose to live the way of a double agent. Even that is offensive to say to you, sorry. I think you should reconsider being "In the Truth" (the word truth is an English term and English dictionaries do not allow for that use, how can one be in something like "truth"?) and wanting people to be un-misled. May I suggest: QUIT. Give NO reason. Even that implies that you still answer to them. Send them a letter condeming what you want to condemn and/or just give them a legal warning against contact, harrasment, slander, infringment on your liberites, and TRESPASSing on your property by them, their agents, assignees... and if they do come come to your home call the police, show them the WRITTEN WARNING and watch them go to jail to join other criminal elements. But do not include your resignation. You should not answer to them and they do not answer to you.

I was asked if I didn't want to be a Jehovah's Witness anymore. I slammed the elder with a warning, "Don't ever put your words out as mine or say that I said anything of any sort. That would make me very upset." Don't even dignify their misuse of such a term with their definitions and connotations still attached. Anyway, Isaiah said that YHVH chooses his witnesses himself. It matters none if I call or do not call myself by such a term. Doing the job is enough.

Please, leave. Hard as it may be IT IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE, and essential to your perceived sincerity. Be Christ oriented. Interview local ministers /pastors and apologize to everyone. It will matter for your voice to finally be heard as against the Watchtower.

Wouldn't all that be included as better suited to the task you want to accomplish?

Have you ever Google searched the following pairs of words, "Watchtower Occult"; "Watchtower United Nations"; "Watchtower Scandal"; " Charles Taze Russell Pyramid"; Charles Taze Russell Free-Mason"?

You can never reform a conspiracy.

Regards,

Fuzzy Paul

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Oh yeah--Brother B said that "the man's thinking needs to be readjusted." SirNose

A typical JW response as they long for their fantasy that God is going to annhilate 99.9925% of the human race and install the Watchtower Society as ruler of the world.

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

I think you have a great opportunity here. What I would do is compose something and put it into an envelope, without a return address, and send it to the house via snail mail. Think about it, you are out in service and you have the addresses right there!

• jgnat
    jgnat

I think the householder has it together. I think he can hold his own without your help. The householders I itch to help are the helpless homebound or the ones recovering from mental breakdown. I want to shake them to reality saying, "This won't help! All it will do is mess you up. It's just another escape from your problems! Join a club or something." My favorite advice so far,

next time, just stand there, quietly, and "Blink" out the word "Torture" in Morse code

But SOS would be easier, LOL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit