Should I warn this householder of the danger?

by SirNose586 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    Why do you choose to live the way of a double agent.

And add "why don't you just quit" or words to that effect.

Some people really just do not get it do they? It takes some (like me) years to ween themselves off the tit of the Borg, and make a life outside of the "Hall." It is very hard to just say "I quit" when that entails losing all your friends and family. So many if they are trapped, do what they can't to throw a "Sabot" into the works...just to maintain a little sanity.

SirNose...we may not see eye to eye on a lot of issues, but I KNOW just how you feel on this one.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

SirNose586 - BTW I always wanted to mention that you have a great screen-name.

This householder seems to be in no danger of accepting the cult - but nonetheless, if were Me, I would go back to his house alone, tell him that you noticed his level of awareness about JW's was higher than most, and drop a hint about your own doubts. Let him run with the conversation. He may indeed be a former witness, or his wife might be, or a relative. If you can get him to keep your conversation private and not reveal that you came back, this guy may be an assett and support when you finally get in the postion where you can leave the borg yourself. IF you don't get to talk long, just give him 4 or 5 key websites to look at, and tell him to not mention it to the other witnesses that you did so.

If he makes on indication that he could keep the discussion between you private, then just develop a cover-story for your witness friend as to stopping by to encourage an 'adjustment in his thinking', since he lives in your area anyway. Then if it comes up, he will think nothing of it.

But that's just me - a personal support is important when one finally leaves - some of us had none.

IMO

Jeff

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    SirNose...we may not see eye to eye on a lot of issues, but I KNOW just how you feel on this one.

Good looking out, Justice-One.

SirNose586 - BTW I always wanted to mention that you have a great screen-name.

This householder seems to be in no danger of accepting the cult - but nonetheless, if were Me , I would go back to his house alone, tell him that you noticed his level of awareness about JW's was higher than most, and drop a hint about your own doubts. Let him run with the conversation. He may indeed be a former witness, or his wife might be, or a relative. If you can get him to keep your conversation private and not reveal that you came back, this guy may be an assett and support when you finally get in the postion where you can leave the borg yourself. IF you don't get to talk long, just give him 4 or 5 key websites to look at, and tell him to not mention it to the other witnesses that you did so.

Thanks Jeff. I would love to talk with the guy (btw his name is Steve), but that's risky. The man lives in a manufactured home complex and is right next door to a witness couple. They were the one couple in my congregation who went out of their way to help my family when we had some problems a few years ago. I would hate to be seen over at this man's house and get questioned by the couple, especially since he could spill to beans to them and to Brother B. Too many eyes and ears.

I think I would probably contact this guy if I were on my way out.

• sf
    sf
    I would have the same quandary if I went door to door looking like I wanted to endorse the Watchtower's religion by looking like a follower, attending like a follower, getting counted like a follower, and then wanting people to know the truth about the Watchtower's totally dishonest, cruel, heavy-handed, perverted, hypocritical ways. Not to offend you since I don't know - Why do you choose to live the way of a double agent. Even that is offensive to say to you, sorry. I think you should reconsider being "In the Truth" (the word truth is an English term and English dictionaries do not allow for that use, how can one be in something like "truth"?) and wanting people to be un-misled. May I suggest: QUIT. Give NO reason. Even that implies that you still answer to them. Send them a letter condeming what you want to condemn and/or just give them a legal warning against contact, harrasment, slander, infringment on your liberites, and TRESPASSing on your property by them, their agents, assignees... and if they do come come to your home call the police, show them the WRITTEN WARNING and watch them go to jail to join other criminal elements. But do not include your resignation. You should not answer to them and they do not answer to you.

SirNose...

I feel this way too. I will add though, and this may be caustic:

I get real tired and frustrated when I hear about people like you going door to door, as hypocrites, basically endorsing the terroristic nature of this fraudulent religion JUST BY BEING AT THEIR DOOR WITH OTHER JWS WHO DO BELIEVE THE LETHAL LITTER-ATURE. Then coming here, where "apostates" gather and audaciously asking if you should warn the householder. It's ridiculous, to say the least.

If you truly do not endorse the policies, doctrines and such of this organization, HOW CAN YOU GO TO DOORS WITH A CLEAR CONSCIENCE? Trying to recruit people.

But if you can clearly do this then you best not stop by my door. Because now every jw is subject to my inquisition. You Sir, got off easy that day. Your fear froze your spirit. Your spirit is telling you to SET IT FREE.

It's easy to do. Stop living the life of a hypocrite. That IS the life of every jw. The life of a hypocrite. How does it feel to wake up every day and have to put on that ol' jw mask, again? When are you going to toss it?

Yes, it's harsh and caustic. It has to be brother. It has to be. You higher ranking male members of the Watchtower need reality slapped upon you, not well wishes. Yes, you will LOSE PRECIOUS 'THINGS'. That is frightening, I know. I lost too. Yet you must experience THAT type of fear brother. You should not think that you are somehow exempt.

I don't expect you or anyone else to hold the same thoughts, feelings and views on the matters concerning this organization. I do expect them to be respected.

Just think about it as you lay on your pillow tonight.

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit