Im curious.. how many menbers here

by mr_phishy 24 Replies latest jw friends

• mr_phishy
    mr_phishy

Being new here i am curious how many menbers are on this site? Is it a few hundred or we looking at thousands. Im amazed i put up a post 30min ago and already 13 replies!

There must be a heap of people on here.. are you all ex-jws?

I saw some statistics eariler on another webpage and it looks like the last 10 years or so JW numbers are steadily decreasing however in 3rd world or lower socio-economic countries the rate of growth is amazing.

Why do they keep these records and why is it so important for them to empahasise growth of the organisation?

It seems paradoxical that they quite readily "disfellowship" members when there goal is growth?

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I an an ex-jw and I can only tell you that there is at least one -- me hanging around here.

I know why they disfellowship when they are trying to grow. If they left people like me stay, they would end up loosing the whole bunch of them. All that I could get my hands on.

Renee

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

It seems paradoxical that they quite readily "disfellowship" members when there goal is growth?

The jw excels at double-speak. If the organization is having an increase, it's jehovah's blessing. If it's having a decrease, we're near the end. Got a new car? Blessing from jehovah. Worldly person got a new car? Too materialiastic, or sold out to satan. No matter what happens, they turn it into proof that things are proceeding as planned and they are the ones who are right.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Welcome, Mr. Phishy!!!

I am curious as to the actual number of posters myself, but we're talking thousands, I think. To get an idea, go to the "member directory" at the top... each letter has pages and pages of names... and this site is really very good about moderating, so it's a good bet that posters don't have more than one sign-on identity.

Cheers!
    Baba.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Go up there and hit the member directory. Look at the amount of names for each letter of the alphabet. Not all are active members, as in posting. Some still read and rarely post. Some have left. This is by far the largest exjw site on the net, at least it used to be if it's not now.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Gidday Mr_phishy from across the ditch. You might find it helpful to go back through some of the posts under 'relationships' and 'phamily'. Others have fallen in love with a Witness and wonder what they've got themselves into.
    BTW I'm an ex Wit. of twenty years and my wife was born and raised one. I've found a lot of good advice here on JWD.
    Cheers,
    Pete

• ballistic
    ballistic

I don't think it's the hundreds of thousands that they disfellowship that is shocking but the complete lack of love, empathy, or compassion they show when they do it. There are countless stories here of elders' callous actions.

Also, as a witness, I was always suprised by the emphasis on corporate growth, when in fact the bible clearly states few are the ones finding the road to life.

• Clam
    Clam

Welcome Mr Phishy

The membership of this board is approximately 25,000.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/123325/1.ashx

• ninja
    ninja

Alright phishy mate...yibbidy yibbida....welcome to the board....I am an ex JW who has just awakened from years of "sleep"... don't touch the witnesses with a spiritual barge pole...hope you get round the witness obstacle with your good woman....ninja......p.s can anyone tell me how to write in columns instead of one loooong continuous answer....cheers

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi mr phishy and welcome to the forum

There are around 25,000 members here, though many don't post very often, and a large percentage of us are ex jws.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit