Kingdom News #37 update and future propaganda

by truthseeker 24 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    Yet, dubs are not supposed to say hardly anything when they give out these tracts. I've heard "we're doing a public service" and "we're doing a world-wide voluntary work".

Nothing has changed (actually the more they change the more it stays the same)

I participated in the 'never to be repeated' 'debut very first of the 7 tract' campaignscirca 1973

I was having +20 bloody BM's a day and went out deathly sick with a severe ulcerative colitis flareup and shit my dress pants in the car group

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    participated in the 'never to be repeated' 'debut very first of the 7 tract' campaigns circa 1973

Original WBTS propaganda was there was to be only 7 tract campaigns to be an atypical fullfillment of the 7 X's march around ancient city of Jerico and the grand and last 7th tract would be the 'mighty trumpet blast' that would herald the fall of 'false religion' starting with the Vatican

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

One thing we can be sure of - the campaign will be heralded a success by the wts, whether any interest in joining them results from it or not. I expect there will be a service meeting part soon where people lie talk about the wonderful and upbuilding experiences they had while distributing this tract, and of course their figures, which seem to be the most important thing in their religion, will be better, especially if they've managed to get a few previously inactive ones on the distribution.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Not only have they barely said anything, when handing out the tract, but in my own area they were simply shoving them through letterboxes on the very first day of the campaign!

The local reaction to the tract has been zip, nada, zero...

• Zico
    Zico

fullofdoubtnow,

We've already had a Service meeting talk on Kingdom News experiences! The SO said British bethel had received 50 requests for bible studies. Not much in a group of 60million UK Witnesses!

I've only heard of one study started in my circuit. With someone who hates religion and wants to find out if we're any different apparently. If that's the case, nothing will come of it.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow,

We've already had a Service meeting talk on Kingdom News experiences!

Really, I'll bet everyone was soooo upbeat and positive about it!

Around here, most people have received a tract, but I haven't spoken to anyone who has actually read one yet. I suspect that most of the ones that were placed ended up in the litter bin very soon after they were delivered.

• Mary
    Mary
    Yet, dubs are not supposed to say hardly anything when they give out these tracts. I've heard "we're doing a public service" and "we're doing a world-wide voluntary work". The tract distribution work LACKS SUBSTANCE.

That's putting it mildly. Lee (unclebruce) received his life-saving tract like this: "....I found mine rolled up in a plastic sandwich bag and stuffed in the latch of a forestry gate a kiliometre from my gate property..."

Such quality and care goes into this distribution it almost moves me to tears.

• Ticker
    Ticker

I recieved this tract in my letterbox. Looked at it for a few seconds and seen they were pushing the false religion coming to an end theory again. I placed mine with the paper recycling as I couldn't be bothered to give it a minutes attention. This tract from what Ive seen in my neighbourhood has had zero effect and most don't even know what religion is distributing it. I really had to laugh at the sales pitch they throw in at the end of the tract though. "Act now, Don't delay, get your biblestudy before it's too late." (it was stated something like that from what I remember) Just seemed so cheesy and so sales orientated to see how they try to close the deal and push their religious ideas. Getting more and more commercial every year.

This tract will have zero effect and most dismiss it as just another quack religion pushing it's interpretation of the bible. The JW's are truly in a sheltered bubble world if they think this tract is going to spark any end of religion, or tribulation. It will create some watercooler talk for them for a bit, and exciting rumour mills will run about how the government is doing this or that to some religion. In a year or two time this tract will be long forgotten among JW's just like all the other campaigns.

Ticker

• willyloman
    willyloman
    This elder said that many inactive ones had been reactivated by the tract, some were even sharing in distributing it.

I always thought that the periodic KN distribution was secretly designed to get inactive and irregular publishers out going door to door in a way that was less threatening to them. By blitzing the neighborhoods, and not talking to householders, the prospect of going d-to-d was less confrontational. In addition, as this was a 'universal' assignment, anyone even remotely associated with a congo would have a hard time begging off (especially when the "campaign" lasts a whole month). I believe the WTS thinks the campaign's primary benefit is to reinvigorate slackers.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

An exremely important tract!..That can`t be counted after the 12th of November..???...Are they smart enough to be stupid?..I don`t think so.. Crazy Eyes..LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit