Did Adam know the full consequences of his sin?

by truthseeker 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Borgia
    Borgia

people have tried to relate to the vastness of the universe and all the "wonders" that happen around them but were not able to explain the reasons and occurance. Why does it suddenly happen that we are at war, we have floodings, drought, storms, eclipses, you name it.

Over time, while progressing in knowledge, God and all he stands for, has been gradually moved to the background. When any issue was explained away with: it´s Gods will, we now see different influences which fuzz up a simple and straight forward "explanation". God moves in mysterious ways, for sure. If you don´t know the path......This difference in knowledge has always been used by certain men to advance their political interest and position. Interesting how religion has played, and still playes, a huge role to achieve that end. For example: Druids have left no written records of their thoughts and knowledge. They told wild stories about the gods. These stories could only be well understood by those with knowledge. For the common man it was just a thing to pass the time, hang on to whatever hope he might gain, it would direct his action to a degree and the ones with knowledge could easily influence the masses. Reading the liver or other intestines. Come on.

The same goes with A & E. They became aware, knowledgeble. God did not like that....What would happen if they would think for themselves.....OMG.....INDEPENDENT THINKING has brought mankind to ruin! Strange is it not? While pondering over human capabilities, the genesis accounts of A&E and the tower of Babel come to appear only attempts to explain the wonders around them.

Call it: growing up. Like little kids do.

Cheers

Borgia

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I don't believe in the Adam account, or anything else in the bible, but if it were true, then Adam would have no knowledge of what death would relly mean, so I wouldn't hold him accountable.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    what would Adam know of death? He would have no experience of death and no frame of reference.
    then Adam would have no knowledge of what death

Adam would have seen the animals die, they did not have any prospect of living forever. I do not think Adam knew the full consequences of his sin.

While my daughter was at bootcamp when one person would mess up the entire group was punished. They knew this from the beginning, that all would pay the consequences for someone messing up.

One of the docs I work for began to abuse the services of a courier. My boss put a stop to him using the courier for personal things rather than business. It was always ok to use the courier for small personal needs but there is just a limit to what could be expected. The president of the company banned any kind of personal use. Did this doc know that he would cause 35 other doctors to lose the priveledge of using the courier for personal needs. Certainly not. Are all the other docs mad at him for causing the stop of personal use .....heck yeah. Did the president warn the docs if there was abuse of that privelege all would suffer for one mans misuse? No. Did the doc think that abusing the services of the courier would cause all the other docs to lose out? NO

How could Adam know the full ramifications of his sin spreading to all mankind, when there was no one else but Eve on the planet. He did not even have offspring to pass it to.

I dont know.......typing and thinking at the same time.

purps

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Do you hold Adam personally responsible for human suffering, or do you see a man who though that only he and his wife would be affected by their sin?

At one time I held Adam responsible for human suffering. As time went on I found the bible to be an incredible book of contradictions. I dont give a whole lot of credence to the story of Adam and Eve any more.

• moshe
    moshe

Many Jewish Rabbis do not teach this as an historical event with real people, anymore. Before man evolved a conscience he had no knowledge of good and bad. That developed over time as man became more social and needed mechanisms to cope with group living. Right and wrong is continuing to evolve with an increase in the world's population.

I agree, too, that human dna geneaological research does not support a literal view of the Garden of Eden. The National Geographic Magazine is conducting a worldwide dna project right now.

The downside is that if Adam was not perfect and sinless to start with, then man has no need of a Saviour to restore what had nver been lost to start with.

• proplog2
    proplog2

The dilemmas and paradoxes that result from believing this story is true prove to me that it is a myth.

And to think that the story of Adam & Eve stands in the way of accepting evolution!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit