What reached you first

by Wendy_Warden 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Wendy_Warden
    Wendy_Warden

When those of you were still JW's what was the first thing that began to open your eyes to the emptiness of JW church? What spoke to your heart about the truth?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Nice to see you around, Wendy Warden. I hope a few ex-JW's will give you some insight.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Wendy,

Hypocrisy & nepotism and fanny kissing worked for me

Dismembered

• xjwms
    xjwms

Said this for a long time......

Gossip, ... fault, ... and blame.!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Doctrine. I am not much on hugs and am a bit of a loner. There was gossip and slander, there was
    ignoring the people who were on medicine or sickly, but I assumed that it was the same as anywhere.

Doctrine really did it for me. Generations, 1975, 1914.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Wendy,

For me, the lack of genuine love and the endless gossip got me wondering if it was really the truth, then we had a child abuse case at our kh which was badly mishandled by the elders, who took the paedophile's side. I started to research the wts last year, saw through the man - made nature of the religion, and disassociated.

Linda

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

the shepherds werent really shephered, and didnt want to help us sheep!!!!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

When I realized that "Christian Love" didn't include me. I'd stand around at the back of the KH and nobody would talk to me. And when I'd invite people to my "gatherings", but they'd exclude me when they organized a "gathering".

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Welcome Wendy,

For me it was the complete domineering ways of the elders when dealing with the "ordinary" brothers and sisters and their total lack of spiritual common-sense, and in some cases extreme harshness by some two-faced elders. To top it all - how glibly and easily they would lie when cornered.

KT

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

For me it was a train of things. First was that I knew we didn't really understand how Christians believed so I wanted to find out. And I found out that they made more sense than I imagined. Then it was a guy I met at a door who actually defended himself well. Then it was a divorce and the elders telling me "You could have just dealt with the abuse because now you are setting him and you both up for sin by being single." (HIM??!!) Then I might have just thought that the right thing to do was to be a JW but that I just couldn't do it. But a lady showed me that eternal life is a free gift and I can't earn it. That got me headed towards Christianity. Then learning that heaven was our hope and not a paradise actually was the anchor that kept me out. Renee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit