Kingdom News No. 37 - What Absolutely Disgusting Hypocrisy!

by Amazing 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Golf
    Golf

The "Nothing new under the sun" quote doesn't apply to the WTB&TS.

Golf

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    The wts information control is very effective with current jws. If they are told something is an apostate lie, such is their absolute fear of apostates, they will tend to avoid viewing it. That's why many of them are ignorant of the extent of the problem within the org.

I must have been different than a lot of JWs; maybe not being raised in it had something to do with that. Warnings to avoid reading something or watching something on TV only served to increase my curiosity about it. As far as I was concerned, "truth" had nothing to fear from close examination. I felt it was my job to "keep testing" to ensure that I was "in the faith". That meant testing not only myself, but the organization I was following as well.

W

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Finally Free

I must have been different than a lot of JWs; maybe not being raised in it had something to do with that. Warnings to avoid reading something or watching something on TV only served to increase my curiosity about it.

While most people would be curious, and some would watch the programme concerned, I believe it was the deliberate use of the word "apostate" that kept most from viewing, as jws are so afraid of being even slightly "tainted" by apostasy. I wasn't raised in the org either, but their using the word apostate in connection with such programmes was enough to prevent me from viewing it.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Amazing: "Almost every week is seems we see new headlines across the world about a JW man, be it an Elder, Ministerial Servant, or Regular Publisher who is charged with child molestation."

You left out Bethelites!! (Cano)

• Amazing
    Amazing

Parakeet,

Good catch ... add: ... " and bethelites."

Jim W.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    "Almost every week is seems we see new headlines across the world about a JW man, be it an Elder, Ministerial Servant, or Regular Publisher who is charged with child molestation."

What seems to be the most irritating and frustrating aspect of this is that WE, who full well KNOW about the WTS pedophile issue, are the ones who SEE these articles. It also seems to escape the notice of the average Joe Q Public who these articles would have a better impact on reaching and where some good discussion of these would be going on.

It would be great if the JWs would get a snootful of this when they are peddling their religion on people's doorsteps AND where they would be "better informed " as to just what is happening inside ther own KHs.

I have had polite "turn-downs" whenever I have presented article such as these to the local news media, even to a lady who was doing a piece on molestation in the churches (Sunday-school bus driver.....local Catholic priest, etc, etc) and yet when I brought up the WTS and IT'S involvement along these lines.....I got the cold shoulder and got remarks that "this is not what we are looking for" and the like. My subsequent replies by email were ignored, so I never took it any further not wanting to appear to be a crackpot, and hoping that in time, things will be exposed so that it WILL be "what they are looking for". As I said.....it is both irritating and frustrating.

Annie

• sf
    sf

**** GOLF **** I was just thinking of you the other day. Good to see you. How is life going? Me? More goes on offline now, than on. Used to the other way around. I do alot of 'work' offline, now that I've got a fever for it. {{{ hugs }}}

Jim,

Just who does the Watch Tower Society leaders think that they are kidding with this line?

I'm serious when I say this: Call the Watchtower Writing Department and ask them directly. Record it if you can and/ or take notes.

Good luck! Let me know if you decline to do so.

sKally

• fokyc
    fokyc
    Kingdom News No. 37 - True Religion... PRACTICES LOVE

Dubs just called, only a little tap on the front door!

I didn't get offered a copy , they just wanted to use the bathroom/'loo'/toilet

I offered them a coffee, but they declined, not a mention of the tract!

fokyc

• truthseekeriam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit