Does "false religion" originate in Babylon?

by I.Wonder 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Satanus
    Satanus

The catholic trinity definition is:

in the words of the Athanasian Creed: "the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God, and yet there are not three Gods but one God."

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15047a.htm

Notice, three persons, one god. The wt uses strawman argumentation in stating that the definition is 3 gods. The protestant trinity is also just one god. It's deliberate, obstinate dishonesty on the part of the wt society. Btw, i'm not a trinitarian.

S

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Babylon, where false religion started

For just a second my eyes deceived me - thought it said Brooklyn, where false religion started.

Easy mistake to make, no?

• I.Wonder
    I.Wonder

Hey Satanus,
    I see what you’re saying! When you first posted about the trinity I had no idea what you were talking about. Man sometimes I am not so sure of how things are functioning "upstairs". Between high school and becoming a dub it is amazing I have any brain cells left. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

BizzyBee said:

For just a second my eyes deceived me - thought it said Brooklyn, where false religion started.

LOL!! I love it!

I.Wonder

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Who really knows where and when religion started? Certainly not the wts.

Well, there was one very false religion started there anyway.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

"in the words of the Athanasian Creed: "the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God, and yet there are not three Gods but one God." LOL, if you believe nonsense like that then your logic is just as screwed up as anything the Society ever printed.

• Satanus
    Satanus

yaddayadda

Maybe you could check out quantum mechanics. Nah, too far out there for you. I think the wt counts on people having a narrow, mechanistic view of god. To them, a deity that is able to have multiple, different forms at the same time is nonsensical. Heck, the wt used to teach that the bible god lived in the pleides constellation, that pleides was the center of the galaxy. They still take the view that bible god has a specific location somewhere. Btw, i'm not trinitarian.

S

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

AnnOMaly....You're exactly right. It's all based on Hislop, for the Society wants to claim that "false religion" spread all over the world when the people were scattered from Babel, and so Nimrod would be the guy who set it in motion. The belief that "false religion" started in Babylon is moreover pursued because it supports the Society's identification of "Babylon the Great" as "the world empire of false religion". Hislop thus provides what the Society thinks is independent proof that false religion got its start in Babylon.

Being uncritical about Hislop's credibility, the Society has for decades cited Hislop as dogma...Hislop's extrabiblical claim that Nimrod's wife was Semiramis was presented as just as true as anything the Bible itself said about Nimrod. As Woodrow points out, Hislop's scholarship is woefully lacking. One day I'd like to write about it in detail. One thing he does not mention is Hislop's imaginative pseudo-etymologies which reveal an utter lack of knowledge of Hebrew and other ancient languages. Hislop's ignorance of actual Canaanite and Babylonian mythology is also evident in spades to anyone knowledgable of these subjects. I have noticed that the Society in recent years has relied on Hislop much less than they used to and I wonder if this reflects some knowledge of Hislop's unreliability.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit