I think I'm going crazy

by weary 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• StillGroggy
    StillGroggy

Welcome to the board weary. I sympathize with your situation.

If you think you're a fake, check me out! Im a full out double agent!

Some hypocrisy is inevitable while you're seeking the truth about this religion. You want to really think about what you're doing with your life and not be rash, right!

Im an active witness, so we probably have allot in common, PM me if you wanna chat.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome to the board!

No your not going crazy!!! I first felt like that when they ousted me. ( I didnt believe Jesus came invisable in 1914) Your emptying your brains of all the garbage we stored in it.....Opening up your mind so you can think INDEPENDENTLY!!!!! a no-no to a JW....

http://exwitnessgrace.homestead.com/free.html

• bebu
    bebu

WELCOME!!!

No, weary, actually you aren't going crazy!!

You are reacting normally to being forced to live in a state of anxiety over a perpetually imminent catastrophe (Armageddon), and all the fears associated with that.

Whatever else they may be, the Watchtower Society is NOT a prophet of God, just a very noisy, fist-banging, self-proclaiming, self-righteous group of men who run a printing company.

Any reactions to understanding this will naturally result in a variety of intense emotions! And you are as normal as everyone else here on the board!! (Okay, that might need a bit of rephrasing, considering that there are a couple of nutballs here! )

bebu

PS: You might want to read this terrific thread! It's for newbies.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/58215/1.ashx

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67

Hey weary:

Go to your other post "My very personal story". I am introducing myself there and also giving you a little bit of advice.

See you there.

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

Welcome weary!!!

As you have read no you are not the only one. I think we all felt that as we decided what was the most healthy next step for us individually.

Hang in there. Be patient with yourself as you move forward. And for goodness sack let go of other people's expectations of you.

Smiles

• garybuss
    garybuss

If I'm going crazy, I don't know that I'm going crazy.

Inversely, if I think I know what I'm doing, odds are good I don't know what I'm doing.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi weary

It's not you that's a fake, the biggest fakes I've ever known all reside in Brooklyn. And you're not crazy either. No one lives up to expectations in the wts, that's part of the way they control you, always pushing you to do better.

Stay here with us, you'll soon realise just how real and sane you really are.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Hang on Weary, were here for you and you are not going nuts. Be patient with yourself.

Balsam

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

Welcome, & please rest assured that you are NOT crazy. Nor are you the only person to have felt this way..

It can be very difficult, unsettling even, to accept that we have invested so much time & energy in what is essentially 'living a lie' (to put it rather bluntly..). So much more than our belief system alone is at stake--also our social framework, our outlook on the future, our very ability to understand & interact with the larger society around us. As a thirtysomething I still feel that I am far behind the social development & awareness of my peers, say, twenty years ago..

So please don't get discouraged, & feel free to visit or post here as often as you are comfortable with. Here you are among friends & are never alone..

Sincerely,

DesertRat

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Welcome to the JWD forum, Weary! And just remember......I'M the only one that "bananas" here

Lots of healing here, good listeners, caring people, terrific support, great posts and posters! Enjoy!

"Bananers"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit