I think I'm going crazy

by weary 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• weary
    weary

This is the first time I've been here. I feel very guilty. My whole life I've felt guilty. Never living up to others expectations, I think I'm going crazy. I hate my life as it is now. I seem to always do everything wrong. Right now I'm in la-la land as far as being "in the truth". I'm far from it!
    Am I the only one going through such torment? I'm a fake!!!!!!!! I need help!

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Your not crazy ......Welcome to the board . Check out some of the Best of stories and you will find many examples of ..." your not alone ."

• Emma
    Emma

You are not a fake. "They" want you to think so and keep you going trying to reach some unattainable goal. Calmly look for the real truth about the organization; there is sanity.

• hambeak
    hambeak

Welcome Aboard.

You are not crazy you have the same feelings most of us had and some still have on this board. For me this board has been quite cathartic. So post along and get involved and cheer up and have fun.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Tell us more about yourself ....how long have you been a witness ? Are you fading away from it or been D'fd ? This is a great place for support ! It is not easy at first when you realize much of what you believe in is lies . What you will find on here are people that have suffered in one way or another from JW religion yet are going on finding out real life exisits and can be filled with happiness and peace of mind . We are all at different levels of healing and I 'm sure you will find someone here that will relate to your circumstances . Stick around a while and enjoy the ride .

• moshe
    moshe

Welcome!

I'm a fake!!!!!!!!

The real fakes are are the old men in NY who put out the Watchtower.

• nelly136
    nelly136

you're not crazy, youre just realigning your perception of reality.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Welcome, weary!

Congratulations on having the courage to come here and post.

There are so many wonderful people here, relax and stay a while! Read the 'Best of' section of the board... lots of great topics!

Hope to see lots more of you here!

GGG

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board!

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Weary,

WELCOME!!! Let me assure you, you are NOT crazy!! Although when you are in the organization, it is very common not to feel good enough! I can't tell you how many people have said they always were depressed and worried because they never felt good enough. Afterall who could ever do enough, be good enough to actuallyy EARN salvation? The amazing thing is, is it is NOT TO BE EARNED!! It is a gift, and when we realize that, it takes a heavy load off!! Jesus said his load was light and to take his yoke and we would no longer be burdened down by laws and requirements that are impossible to attain. My suggestion is if you want relief, and sanity, start examining the history of the organization. You may want to read Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz. It is excellent, and is NOT a bashing book of JWS. It is written by a former governing body member, and he give great insight on the insides of the organization. He shows how "human" it really is. Many questions many have had about the rules, and the running of things are explained and answered there. It may be helpful for you to begin your journey. Please let me assure you that you are by no means alone, and you are among many who completely understand your feelings!!

Hang in there. Try not to feel guilty. Most of us, but not all, were faithful witnesses. For what ever reason, we reached a point in our lives where we needed answers and some sort of relief. After deep research, we found the answers. Although they were not what most expected. So.. pray for direction and truth, and he will lead you there!

Sincerely your friend,

Lady Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit