What scriptures will you NEVER hear a Witness use?

by gordon d 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

John 8: 3-12........It isn't in ANY of their publications either, except in the NWT where it's in FINE PRINT, as compared to the rest of the scriptures:

And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,

They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.

Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?

This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with [his] finger wrote on the ground, [as though he heard them not].

So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.

And they which heard [it], being convicted by [their own] conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, [even] unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
  • Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

From the NWT:

Romans 12:16: "Be minded the same way toward others as to yourselves; do not be minding lofty things, but be led along with the lowly things. Do not become discreet in YOUR own eyes."

I would say this especially applies to the gov. body who claim to be part of the f&ds.

Another one would be James 1:27 "The form of worship that is clean and undefiled is this: to look after orphans and widows in their tribulation, and to keep oneself without spot from the world."

They go right to the last part of the scripture and forget about the orphans and widows part.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Isn't there a scripture that says" "He that does not work shall not eat."

You don't hear this quoted and the reason is there are those among them who are allergic to secular work. They think they are going to deliberately live on the edge and work as little as possible and go along ringing doorbells in their "ministry". All the while they are expecting people in the congregation (who probably work full time, I might add) to give them money and freebies of all kinds. It always sounded as if they are "morphing" into a paid clergy class (which they deny having). They should be using the scripture "count the cost" in this instance.

LHG

• blondie
    blondie

Let me address that point about pioneers. I was a pioneer for many years; never once did I ask or hint that someone should support me because it was my choice to pioneer. If I could not support myself financially, then it was time to quit. What I did observe were people who pioneered who lived at home without paying rent, who had a car that they had never had to pay for or put gas into, who went on fancy trips with mom and dad that I doubt I could have afforded if I worked full-time. Or the wife whose husband (JW or non-JW) had a high-paying job.

I will admit that I occasionally I found a pioneer who was always hinting and expecting others to support them; they embarrassed me to no end and I did tell them they were out of line to expect others to support them. Even the apostle Paul worked to support himself and wasn't going around asking for handouts.

Most of the pioneers I knew worked hard and didn't expect handouts.

Blondie (knew a lot of pioneers in many congregations)

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Blondie: I'm proud of you but I think you were in the minority. I was criticized because I worked full time by those who did not. Also, it wasn't just pioneers who expected hand-outs. LHG

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Here are some more: (Quoting from NWT)

Acts 17:10,11: Immediately by night the brothers sent both Paul and Silas out to Beroea, and these, upon arriving, went into the synagogue of the Jews. Now the latter were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with the greatest eagerness of mind, carefully examining the scriptures daily as to to whether these things were so."

This scripture is used but if one really applies it, then one will find they might be DA'd or DF'd.

Here is another one:

Mark 9:38-40: John said to him: "Teacher, we saw a certain man expelling demons by the use of your name and we tried to prevent him because he was not accompanying us." But Jesus said: "Do not try to prevent him, for there is no one that will do a powerful work on the basis of my name that will quickly be able to revile me; for he that is not against us is for us."

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

But about the resurrection of the dead—have you not read what God said to you, 'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? He is not the God of the dead but of the living."

Matthew 22:31-32

• Mary
    Mary

"One indeed judges a day above another day; and another one judges every day alike. Let each one be fully assured in his own mind. The one minding the day, he minds it to the Lord. And the one not minding the day, he does not mind it to the Lord. The one eating, he eats to the Lord; for he gives thanks to God. And the one not eating, he does not eat to the Lord, and gives thanks to God." (Rom 14:5-6)

This is a baaaad scripture, because it might make someone think they can celebrate a birthday.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Col 1:15 ,16 but removing the (Other) it is addedin their bible( Christ created EVERY THING!

• joe_black
    joe_black

In the matter of disfellowshipping you will never hear this: John 16:2,3...............2 Men(judicial commitee)will expel(disfellowship)YOU from the synagogue(kingdom hall). In fact, the hour is coming when everyone(JW)that kills(shuns)YOU will imagine he has rendered a sacred service to GOD. 3 But they will do these things because they have not come to know either the father or me. (words in parenthesis mine)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit