Apostates/ex-jw's do you think that you are "addicted" to JW's-bashing?

by booker-t 21 Replies latest social family

• booker-t
    booker-t

If your best friend constantly bashed her ex-husband to you daily would you go nuts and tell her to move on with her life? Most people would probably say Yes! but why can't Apostates and ex-jws do the same with the Watchtower Society?(myself included). My psychology professor told me as long as ex-jws continue to "bash" they will never move on with their lives. Pain and trauma occurs when one leaves a group but to continously "bash" and "bash" for the fun of it just is a waste of time.

• Spectre
    Spectre

Is it wrong to expose a doomsday cult for what it is?

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

If I'm bashing then I guess I need to for awhile. I've felt worthless, abused, and mislead for too long to not make a stand. It isn't an easy thing, though, as I'm still nervous of making my views known on my regular blog. It's kind of funny, I guess, but I still feel like I have something to be ashamed of and I need to get over that.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

This is a pathetic Thread...OUTLAW

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Speaking as an outsider (non ex-JW) I'd say that very few if any are "addicted"

many are dealing with a lot of hurt and anger - and I think your psychology professor would agree - it isn't just as simple as 'moving on', it takes time to heal, and the deeper the wounds are, the longer it might take.

As regards bashing the org for the fun of it goes, again I believe this is a part of healing, its empowering yourself against your abuser (healthy revenge if you like), proving they have no control over you any more.

oh and people who set themselves up as clowns should expect to be laughed at!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    but why can't Apostates and ex-jws do the same with the Watchtower Society

Why do you think all ex-Jehovah's Witnesses are addicted to to "bashing" the Watchtower Society?

Isn't it possible that some are in the early stages of exiting and perhaps feel stronger emotions toward a cult they just left?

Are you sure everyone on this board "bashes" Jehovah's Witnesses "all the time"?

I think your supposition is rather broad. I think it's a mistake to think in terms of all or nothing.

And why does it matter at what speed someone else moves along? Some leave this cult and the attending feelings faster than others.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Most comments do not bash individual JWs, they expose the Watchtower Society.

Most threads do not bash the Watchtower Society, but present accurate information that assist lurkers come to see the falsehood of the Watchtower Society, and help those that have left get over the guilt and emotional trauma.

This is a very positive site that has assisted thousands leave the WTS. One of the sad things, but positive, is the number of people that no longer post. These people found their peace here and have been able to successfully move on.

• zagor
    zagor

It is not always as easy as it sounds. A question could be also asked why woman who survived abusive relationship still have flashbacks or why someone who had been through war and managed to survive still talks about it, or why some of those who survived holocaust spend lifetime chasing after Nazis still on the run.

But I agree, you're right, we all have to eventually move on. In order to move on in life a person need something new to live for.

I really hope I found that special something now after years of searching... so one day I might just disappear from this board altogether without a trace ...

• parakeet
    parakeet

"If your best friend constantly bashed her ex-husband to you daily would you go nuts and tell her to move on with her life? Most people would probably say Yes! but why can't Apostates and ex-jws do the same with the Watchtower Society?(myself included). My psychology professor told me as long as ex-jws continue to "bash" they will never move on with their lives. Pain and trauma occurs when one leaves a group but to continously "bash" and "bash" for the fun of it just is a waste of time."

Very few on this board "bash" the JWs/WTS for "the fun of it." In case you hadn't noticed, newbies are showing up here every day asking questions about the abusive WTS and what they should do. They need truthful information, and that information is not flattering to the WTS. If you want to call that "bashing," go right ahead. It's the very best kind of bashing, and I feel privileged to participate in it.

BTW, unless your psych prof is an expert in cults and cult behavior, I'd take his comment with a grain of salt.

• XU
    XU

can't

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit