prayer with JWs

by truthsearcher 16 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    are they really praying to the God of the Bible since so much of what they believe is wrong, wrong, wrong.

They think they are. The truth of that matter is really deeper than you or they or I know, only opinions can be gathered.

would they fall off the couch in shock if I asked the gentleman to pray.

Answered here by others, NOT LIKELY. Your request for a certain thing to be included will be taken into account, probably worded carefully, but still adequate to your request.

are they lurking on this board...

Many are here, most are not. Who knows with the "they" you are referring to?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi truthsearcher, welcome to the forum.

If THEY open the discussion with a prayer for truth with THEIR god's help it will be of much benefit it you can then shake their faith with THEIR god's help.

If YOU open the discussion with a prayer, you MUST use the name JEHOVAH right at the start or they will ignor anything that follows in your prayer and perhaps, even in your conversation.

One thing that I have noticed....... now that I have questioned the WT, (I am an unbaptised child of JWs).... is that none of my family use 'Jehovah' in mealtime prayers in my presence. I find this most peculiar as before I started asking difficult questions every prayer was Jehovah, Jehovah, Jehovah, Jehovah.

Cheers

Chris

• evetteto
    evetteto

Hello Brothers and Sisters, I'm new to this forum but hv many questions. To staty I'm married to a man who studies with the JW's and of course we are always, always, always, at odds with one another. However he will pray with me when I ask Him to but I'm the one who does the praying and he will agree with an amen. What is so ironic is the fact that he started off as a believer but fell into a sinful life and the JW's offered him salvation by means of works....You will not believe the state of confusion he is in, but than again...you can...been there, done that!!

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

Thanks to all who have posted thus far. I'm not sure about tape recording our study...lol. It might stifle the conversation a bit! You can be assured that I myself am praying before, during and after our meetings. If my JWs could hear who I am asking for help (as a Trinitarian) they would probably leave hastily!

• evetteto
    evetteto

Thank you Truthsearcher....yes I hv done my homework my sis is an ex JW. I am rejoicing for all of you that hv left the org. my only prayer now is that you Live in God;s GRACE,LOVE, and MERCY and the Hope that yr family members will eventually see the LIGHT!!!

• peggy
    peggy

Sadly, my lifetime experience with Jehovahs Witnesses is, prayer is nothing but ROTE! They say a very basic prayer at every meeting or gathering. I can count on one hand, the number of prayers that were moving or sincere, and I was married to an ELDER for almost 30 years. Those very few prayers that had any meaning were usually given by a young one or someone newly associated. You can make your request but I believe God is as BORED as I, and will hardly take notice!

Peg

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome to the board !! I think your aviator is excellent !!!! I studied with so many.... I always opened with prayer. I never offered my studies to pray!!!! why would I ???...they were all Babylonians>
    Do try to open with prayer. I would love to know what happens.

I would like to express my true love ( though I cant see all you Christians) That go out of their way to TRY!!!! to take the blinders of those little sheep that have been attacked by the false prophet & a raging wolf. Thank you from the bottom( top to) of my heart. I keep thinking maybe the LORD will use you to unravel my daughter ( whom I love so much) but she must NOT talk to me.... Thanks Again

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit