Feeling very down right now.

by jakes 14 Replies latest jw friends

• jakes
    jakes

Friends!

Today has been one of those days for me.Feeling very down and depressed. I feel I need to talk to someone about what I am going through coming out of the borg.What has been a source of release for me is the writing of my book,which chronicles my journey through the Watchtower. The publisher I am working with has been a great source of encouragement and inspiration. I am hoping to have it on the shelves by mid March 2007.Then there are you guys here on the forum that has also been a great source of encouragement and inspiration. I do not post much but seeing how you all deal with issues and the support you give others really uplifts me.Now I know I am not alone.

Finding out that you were living a lie for so long can be devastating to many. I will however pick myself up again. I intend to reach as many as I can with my book and experience,especially here on the African continent.

jakes

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

I'm so sorry that you're having a rough time right now. Something must be in the air or water because it seems to me that so many people are getting down lately. I wish you the best with your book and I'm glad that you found a release in writing. Writing is very healing.

You aren't alone it this. Talk as much as you need if it helps. Believe me, sometimes that's what you need to get a bit of relief. And I know (from experience) that sometimes you feel alone because of losing so much when leaving the borg. But like you said, we are here for you.

You should be proud of yourself for working on a book that will help others.

hugs to you {{{jakes}}}

~~froggy~

• Moomin
    Moomin

Hi Jakes,

I'm sorry you are feeling low today. I hope you feel better soon. I'm excited to hear about your book. What are you going to call it? I've often wondered if the hardest part of writing a book is thinking of a title.

Please let me know when its published as I would like to buy one. I bet it's brilliant as you write so fluently.

All the best.

Moomin

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Jakes, I'm so glad you're working on a book about your experiences with the WTS. I don't know if you've taken the opportunity to check out Lady Lee's "Best of..." series, but you can find 'em in the drop-down box about the third one down. They help many to deal with the repercussions that come from dealing with the WTS and leaving it and will help with the healing.

I just know your book will help many who're trying to find their way out, Jakes! Good luck!

Frannie

• parakeet
    parakeet

I've heard that the final stages of writing/publishing a book can be hell (if that's what is getting you down). Let us know when it hits the shelves.

• Golf
    Golf

Jakes, here's my two cents. Keep your mind focused on the book and I wish you all the best.

Golf

• juni
    juni

Hi jakes!

Oh do I know about depression. I've inherited the tendency toward it from my mom, but the controlling JWs did not help.

That's wonderful you are writing your book. From counseling I've learned that that is a wonderful way to heal. They call it journaling. I will be looking forward to your finished product. Keep us informed all right?

We're here for each other and I'm happy that you too have benefited!

Most sincerely,

Juni

• jakes
    jakes

Thanks for your encouragement so far guys.I really do appreciate it.My life is taking on new meaning and direction. I am so glad to realise that I can draw inspiration and encouragement from you here on the board.

The book will be entitled -Losing the Faith.My Journey through the Tower.

I will keep you guys posted on developments.

jakes

• Moomin
    Moomin

Hi Jakes, Great title. I was thinking the other day how there needs to be more ex-witness books. I've read both of Ray Franz's and Diane Wilson's was another good one. One called 'In the Truth' by Paul McCool but that was fiction - still a good read though and typical of the witness behaviour. I haven't heard of any others so am really looking forward to yours. Thanks for writing it. Moomin

• SB
    SB

Hi Jakes,

I'm brand new to the board, but understand how you feel. Something that helps me is realizing that by coming through the experience of the Watchtower insistant on being mentally healthy and living a productive life, is a strength that is unique to us and no one but ex-JW's can develop the personality strengths that we are now being forced to develop. I think writing a book will be a wonderful outlet for you once it is released, and you are helping so many people. I know the "feeling down" mood you are in, and hopefully it has passed by now.

Best Wishes!

SB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit