What was the reason why you were never made an elder or Ministerial Servant

by twinkletoes 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Forscher, that's just stupid enough to be true.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Cause I have a vagina and ovaries inside me and not a dick hanging between my legs.

-K

• Kudra
    Kudra

...and they like to keep the dicks up there behind the podium.

• done4good
    done4good

Let's see here, I heard "You need to maintain the monthly publisher average", after doing this, I heard "You need to be more VISABLE in the field service". Well, I never granted them that second wish, and just disappeared completely.

j

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Nothing new here, but most Bodies will refrain from appointing a brother if one elder can apply any scriptural reason to say that he isn't comfortable with a recommendation. You can apply one scriptural reason to ANYBODY. So, if Johnny was dating his daughter but she broke it off, Elder Bob can say he is not "serious." Any elder can accuse a brother of some unknown secret then say he is not "free from accusation." A married man, they look at his wife and kids and say that he is not "presiding in a fine manner" over his household. If they are really pressed, you can get somebody to say they occasionally miss a meeting or weekend of field service, then they don't have a "fine standing." (1 Tim. 3:8-13)

dont know if you were/are an elder...

but i was and this is absolutely on the money..

and if all of this failed then someone could say in a kind of vague but serious manner.."well i just have a feeling about him"

many was the time that i asked the body to show me in timothy or titus that an elders/ms approval could be questioned on a 'feeling'..

of course when the bro reaching out was told that he had not been recommended....again...and subsequently just gave up trying then this 'feeling' was borne out to be true

idiots

• Scully
    Scully
    Because I'm a girl.

I was going to say "because I don't have a penis, the single most important pre-requisite for being an Elder™ or Ministerial Servant™".

• JapanBoy
    JapanBoy

but.....Skully....most of them are penis'es...sorry bad spelling. I made it to ms and stayed there for about 20years...i like flying under the radar of all of those bigger dicks called elders. one time the po asked me why i wasn't 'reeeeching out' why was i holding back from trying to be an elder??? I told him that i didn't think that i could ever sit there, with a straight look on my face, in one of those meeting counsiling someone else. the reall reason was though is that i didn't really believe the whole thing anyways. K

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

As OnTheWayOut and Tij say, it only takes one dissenting voice...

For years I tried to get my Dad re-appointed, as he was the best Elder I ever knew (and I sincerely mean that in an non-nepotistic kinda way). Each pre-CO Visit meeting would be met with a different excuse, until the two Elders who were blocking him eventually caved with no more excuses.

Prior to that, I was personally held back for at least a year or so for... teaching Scuba Diving

No matter that there were articles in the Awake! from Scuba Diving JWs, or that I could quote chapter and verse proving it wasn't a particularly dangerous sport. It wasn't until I cottoned on to this being the reason, and begrudgingly stopped for a while, that I was finally appointed. Needless to say I still continued my favourite hobby on vacations, but I wasn't about to tell anyone else that!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I got as far as MS. Not "elder". Reason: They knew I'd never wank their egos, or brown nose. I was told "I/You have a big mouth, you complain too much. And now they can kiss my rebel ass.

Dismembered

LOL - I could have written that! Precisely why I never got the big brown nose lapel pin myself. I once was voted unanimously to be elder by the body [I had an elder tell me later], but was vetoed by the CO. Poop, missed kissing the biggest ass of all. Jeff

• Mary
    Mary
    Because I'm a girl.
    Scully said: I was going to say "because I don't have a penis, the single most important pre-requisite for being an Elder™ or Ministerial Servant™".

I was going to say: Because I wasn't a dickhead, which seems to be the #1 pre-requisite. Kinda the same thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit