Abuse of elder position and platform

by KAYTEE 26 Replies latest jw friends

• core
    core

Could be worse - he could have asked for a rota to fulfill his partners "wifely due" on a nightly basis - no takers for that one for sure

• Alpheta
    Alpheta

That's interesting - this elder had to ask for "love" to be shown to he and his sick wife.

Does that make this elder incredibly stupid, incredibly naive, or incredibly desperate? Is he hated? Is the congregation poor? Totally indifferent, just going through the motions with no charity left in the congregation at all - or some combination of the above? When I was in, the sisters in the congregation always seemed to be doing some kind of arranging of meals or rides or other assistance. I never thought much about it; if approached and asked if I could help or if I heard of some effort going on I would offer assistance, I helped however I could. It wasn't until I started reading at JWD that I realized how much this varied/varies from congregation to congregation!

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

gordon d

..........you will heap burning coals on his head."

Is that symbolic or literal.?

KT

• juni
    juni

Hambeak said:

Come on now folks, I agree it was tacky for him to ask this it should have been done by someone else. A couple of questions is he and his wife elderly? Is he somewhat physically disabled? I think just human kindness goes a long way no matter who they are

I have to agree. Can you give more specific info Kaytee? Yes. It is the wrong forum to ask; should have been kept more "private" and not a grand announcement. But some very elderly ones don't have a lot of tact.

Juni

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

fullofdoubtnow

Yes, foolishly some did volunteer. On one occasion his inlaws were having tea and biscuits whilst the volunteered sisters were slaving over a hot stove. The inlaws (the brother being an elder) didn't lift a finger to help.

KT

• quixote
    quixote

So what's wrong with the dollar menus at some of the fast food places ?

When I seperated/divorced, not one elder or MS or any one else volunteered to call on me to see if I was eating properly. I used to work with my now ex-wife and I was looking for work, very low on income. Not once was I asked if I needed anything, anything at all. Yet they are instructed to take care of the sheep. Absurd.

Quixote

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

hambeak

You asked if they were elderly, he was about 38ish at the time, his wife a few years younger. The public announcement by the way was dinner for himself not his wife

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Alpheta

Does that make this elder incredibly stupid, incredibly naive, or incredibly desperate? Is he hated? Is the congregation poor? Totally indifferent, just going through the motions with no charity left in the congregation at all - or some combination of the above?

YES

KT

• juni
    juni

hambeak

You asked if they were elderly, he was about 38ish at the time, his wife a few years younger. The public announcement by the way was dinner for himself not his wife

It's HIS place to take care of his wife! Unless he's ill, he's the one to fill her needs. He's just being lazy and wants others to take care of his responsibility.

Unbelievable! Actually no it isn't. Some of those idiots have the nerve. They're so self serving. And he wasn't counseled by the BOE? What an abuse of his position.

Juni (shaking her head) OMG, I just re read your post. He wanted the meals for himself not his ill wife. It gets worse......

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    The public announcement by the way was dinner for himself not his wife

What!!!

He should have been thoroughly ashamed of himself. What was his poor sick wife to do then, starve?

He's a disgrace to his position

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit