How old were you ??

by Clambake 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster
    Even though my parents were very "spiritual", they never forbid me to have worldly friends. It might have something to do with the fact that, until I was 13, we lived in a small town were there aren't any JW's. I'm still friends with people I met in kindergarten. Real close friends. I met this guy at 4. He was 8 at the time. We're like brothers to this day. There were about another 5-6 guys and 3 girls to which I was, and mainly still am, a close friend. Before baptism I thought the elders might ask, but they never did.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I guess my parents were the "liberal" JWs (even my elder dad) because I always had friends from the neighborhood (before driving) or from school (as a teen & older). As a senior in high school I had a drinking buddy even though we were 17/18 and the age for booze was 21. His dad had a stocked bar and a fridge for beer. My dad had a stocked bar and fridge for beer. We'd get off of work late in the evening and cruise around drinking a few brewskis and checking out what was going on in the one-horse town where we lived.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit