Excited about the CO visit

by StarTrekAngel 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Garrett
    Garrett

Ha, for the past 3 years I've missed every CO visit, then got pounded by the brothers when I said "he's just another brother". The CO visit is no different than a regular talk (except you have to sit on your bum for longer periods of time). I was never excited for it either.

What I love, though, is how everyone is on their best behavior when the CO comes. Everyone and their mother goes out in service as much as possible, literature which would have been a mess is now perfectly tidy, people who never commented are now commenting, elders are finally shepherding the flock like they're supposed to. And when he leaves? Everyone goes back to their normal routine. One brother once said "when the CO is here, I feel like a little child, I need to try to be good and perfect".

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Just one more thing to blow off. I never did like going to boasting sessions where there was something upward of 120 in attendance. And for a robotic presentation, it is not worth going.

Not like you are getting updated information that is going to help you refine your strategy to survive the coming hyperinflation, such as precisely how close we are to its happening or whether you should be loading up on food, silver and gold, batteries and chargers, LED light bulbs, or that extra fuel efficient car to save fuel. Just the same old "The end is close, so you need to go out in field circus every chance you can and every chance you can't".

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

In the mind set of JWS the CO's are perceived as someone who is of higher spiritually toward god himself, from that viewpoint its quite common for JWS to show their own spiritual level by going out in service or even try to at least go out in service with him in the same group. Nothing like showing your commitment to Jehovah than going out in service with one his chosen Seers, especially when its preconceived that judgment day is coming soon.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It is all about putting on a show and looking like there is an excited buzz in the cong!

The VERY NEXT meeting after a CO visit (or assembly) is ALWAYS the least attended meeting!

I guarantee it!! Any cong, any part of the world!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit