Excited about the CO visit

by StarTrekAngel 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cappytan
    cappytan
    NewYork44M: They don't even have the extra meetings anymore. They have a Tuesday night meeting (abbreviated school, service meeting, 1st CO talk) and a Sunday Meeting (2nd CO talk, abbr. WT study, 3rd CO talk.)
  • blondie
    blondie
    No d2d in afternoon weekdays; no Sunday fs after the meeting....unless I was given wrong info.
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    There is the weekday meeting where he delivers the first talk and then he does the public talk on the weekend, plus another one after a summary of the magazine.
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    And yes, this is our first visit after September
  • millie210
    millie210

Isnt the talk after the Watchtower the one where they "commend" you briefly and then pound you with what you need to do better?

In other words one big ole local needs part?

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

In over 10 years of attending CO visits, only once our congo was "corrected" publicly. And it wasn't a big deal. Some brothers were changing congos because they did not get along well with one another. I guess we were superstars. LOL

I am hoping this visit will bring some change around as we have some old elders who refuse to leave the old ways. Not that I care, but I would like to see some of them brought to reality. There is one particular individual who is extremely arrogant, I am almost positive he abuses his wife emotionally and I have a screenshot of his internet habits that would not go well with the CO, but I am keeping that one a secret for now.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    No d2d in afternoon weekdays; no Sunday fs after the meeting....unless I was given wrong info.

Blondie: The CO still goes in service in the afternoon on weekdays. Usually bible studies or shepherding calls if they are scheduled.

Sunday field service after the meeting is still on, too. I worked in the same car group with the CO's wife on Sunday the last time and he took the group out and then went with the COBE on some shepherding calls.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The CO visit usually involves over exasperated hype that this spiritual leader is going to have new enlightening information from Spiritual HQ, about the end of this system of things.

Basically the same old BS from his previous visit, ironically JWS are supposed to be uplifted by this updated information.

Aren't we all now spiritually uplifted brothers and sisters ?

What the CO is in JW land is a middle marketing manger for the WTS., who looks at the how well each congregations are performing , as reviewing the total hours in service, literature placements, how many are pioneering, how many books studies are there . ETC.

• hoser
    hoser
    As for others being excited about the circuit overseer I think it is all a pretense. They are expected to be excited so they are excited.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

These people are assumed to have greater spiritual wisdom, knowledge and strength connected to the most high so to speak, like Cardinals, Bishops when they come to a congregation its deemed an special appreciated occasion.

I remember when Nathan Knorr came to one of the Assemblies I attended and he was looked upon as a celebrity of sorts by many people, they would surround him trying to make conversation. even back then I thought to myself what bunch of ass kissers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit